12028Re: [FS32NGModelrail] Re: Glyn Valley Coaches

  • William Uffelman
    Mar 27, 2014
      The track gauge is easy -- it is .750 same as On3 so you can get  3 point or roller gauges from PSC and others.

      Can't help you with British rail weights but a Code 100 rail height gives you prototype rail weights in the 30 to 45 pound range. That said British rail may be Bullhead on chairs rather than typical North American rail. http://www.urbaneagle.com/data/RRrailsizes.html

      Bill Uffelman
      Ocean View DE

      On Thursday, March 27, 2014 2:12 AM, "ianajng@..." <ianajng@...> wrote:

      Hi,
      If Mike South had the coaches, and there are only etches there, no castings, are you able to compare the coaches to the locos, and advise if they look to be a similar scale ?
       Wrightlines did produce Glyn Valley coaches in 7mm scale, which will be considerably smaller than the 1/35 locos, they would look odd together. These were also complete kits, so I would wonder where the castings and wheels were if that is what you have.
      If the coaches look approximately the same scale as the locos though, then I'd say without hesitation that they're not Wrightlines, they've been produced by Worsley Works in the UK who have released 5 different Glyn Valley coaches in 1/32 scale. These though are not complete kits, I think they're etchings only. Personally, I suspect that is what you're more likely to have.
      Cheers
      Ian J
      Melb, Aust.

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic