World Bank not to withdraw aid: CM [Comment]

  • Mohammad Imran
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2002

      Mohammad Imran�

      Dear Shaji,

      Do I understand correctly that the Chief Minister is a graduate (BA) from some university?
      Is it possible she did not take English as a subject?
      May be the person who translated the letter from the WB did not have sufficient knowledge of English.

      For efficient management and project control managers of large projects should stay on the job from start to finish, which is not possible in UP where caste comes before politics and politics comes before good government.

      Imran

      Imran,

      Longer tenures make bureaucrats effective if they are�earnestly on the job, but this is not always the case. We must however note that Mayawati has been making bureaucrats accountable and taking them to task for non-performance, that's a welcome change from previous regimes. A party like BSP it's not easy to find bureaucrats sharing their vision and committment, what they get is sycophants. Look at the case of the sports secretary, more loyal than the king, well, I mean Queen. So you can expect a lot of churning. On a hopeful note, I wish this would settle down.�

      Cheers

      Shaji�

      shaji john wrote:

      World Bank not to withdraw aid: CM�
      TIMES NEWS NETWORK�[ SATURDAY, AUGUST 31, 2002� 12:12:37 AM ]
      LUCKNOW: On Thursday, the chief minister told the Vidhan Sabha that the World Bank had not issued any threat to withdraw any of its assistance for the ongoing projects and said that it had rather hailed the government