Re: Fr subhashini ali

  • Kavita Krishnan
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2, 2010
      Thank you for sending me this - AIPWA extends support to the struggle for
      justice for Chabi Mahato. The cycle of sexual violence (often by security
      forces and private militia but also by other political outfits) alongside
      state repression and atrocities against tribal women by security forces - in
      Lalgarh as well as in Chhattisgarh and other parts of the country, is
      certainly urgent reason to demand an end to Operation Green Hunt. The
      women's movement needs to say loud and clear - No more Rape and Murders of
      Tapasi Maliks and Chabi Mahatos, No More Rape and Murder of Adivasi women by
      SPOs in Chhattisgarh...

    • Subhashini_Ali@yahoo.com

        Date : 2nd Sept. 2010

        PRESS RELEASE

        AIDWA condemns the horrifying and brutal gang rape and murder of  Chabi Mahato, in Salbani village of East Midnapore district, W. Bengal, by Maoists and members of the PCPA. This woman from a poor household who had lost her husband 7 years ago was an anganwadi worker, a member of AIDWA, and a CPI(M) supporter who had refused to join a PCPA procession before the Lalgarh rally. She was abducted from her house in Bhangabandh - a tiny tribal hamlet- at gun point about 3 weeks ago. Her body was discovered on Aug 31st, and post mortem reports have confirmed gang rape. The police suspect that she was raped by the miscreants belonging to the maoist and TMC combine and buried while she was still unconscious.

        This shocking atrocity exposes the inhuman and barbaric nature of crimes against women being perpetrated by the anti left forces in W. Bengal. AIDWA demands stern action against the perpetrators, and calls for solidarity action by AIDWA units across the country.

        Sd/- Sd/-
        Subhashini Ali Sudha Sundararaman
        (President) (General Secretary)

        Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone
      • subhashiniali@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 6, 2010
          A delegation of the Dsst unit of Aidwa met the district administration of Kanpur with regard to 2 horrific cases of atrocities perpetrated on minor dalit girls.
          In the first instance, a young dalit girl in Ghatampur block was raped by some three upper caste boys in a field. When the Inspector of the thana, also a dalit, refused to register an FIR, the poor girl committed suicide. The thana personnel have now been transferred but that is no punishment. Aidwa demands that they be suspended and criminal cases lodged against them including abetment to suicide. The criminals must be apprehended and jailed.
          In the second case a minor dalit girl was raped and murdered in Chandni Nursing Home allegedly by a ward boy. Aidwa has demanded his arrest and also stringent action against the Nursing Home for having failed to protect a young, helpless patient in the ICU
          Subhashini Ali
          Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone