Preparatory Meeting World Social Forum 2009

  • Shaji John K
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2009
      *Please circulate this in your networks.***

      Dear Friends,

      Wish you a very happy New Year!

      *Are you planning on attending the next World Social Forum (WSF) in
      Brazil?*

      As you know that WSF 2009 is to be held in Belem do Para (Brazilian
      amazonian region) on January 27th-February 1st.2009. Several of you
      from India might be planning go. We thought it would be a good idea
      for all of us planning to participate in WSF to meet and discuss what
      each one plans to do there. This is an effort for us to come together
      to share our information, resources and see how we can support each
      other and have some coordination among groups from India. This is
      also an attempt to see how we can strengthen each others events at
      WSF.

      PWESCR will be organizing several events at WSF around Women's Human
      Rights,especially around Women's Right to Livelihood.

      For this day long sharing PWESCR invites you to a *Preparatory
      Meeting for WSF 2009 on January 20th 2009 at 9.30 AM in Delhi.* Venue
      to be announced soon.

      The main agenda of this meeting is to bring a collective voice within
      India and establish links with all who are going to WSF. It will be a
      day-long meeting. We will all share information about our events that
      we are planning to do. If you or someone from you group is going to
      be at WSF, do come to this meeting.

      Please RSVP at pshaw@.... More details to follow soon.

      Warm regards,

      Priiti

      ________________

      Priiti Darooka
      Executive Director
      PWESCR (Programme on Women's Economic, Social and Cultural Rights)
      DD 29 Nehru Enclave, Kalkaji, Second Floor
      New Delhi, India 110019
      Phone: +91 (0)11-40536091/92
      Fax: +91 (0)11-40536095
      Mobile: +91 9910040419