Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Call for immediate ban on Bajrang Dal, VHP

Expand Messages
  • mohammad imran
    Call for immediate ban on Bajrang Dal, VHP Special Correspondent New Delhi: Monthly magazine Communalism Combat has called for an immediate ban on the Bajrang
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29 9:11 PM
      Call for immediate ban on Bajrang Dal, VHP

      Special Correspondent

      New Delhi: Monthly magazine Communalism Combat has called for an
      immediate ban on the Bajrang Dal and the Vishwa Hindu Parishad for
      their “involvement in spreading terror across the country.”

      The demand was made on Thursday at a press conference addressed jointly
      by Justice (retd.) B.G. Kolse Patil, former Director-General of Gujarat
      Police R.B. Sreekumar, film-maker Mahesh Bhatt and Editor of
      Communalism Combat Teesta Setalvad.

      They said a ban on the two organisations assumed urgency in the wake of
      the mayhem spread by them in Orissa as well as revelations of their
      involvement in terror networks in Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh. They
      also called upon the government to constitute an official tribunal,
      comprising three sitting judges of the Supreme Court, to oversee
      investigations into all terror-related crimes.

      Mr. Justice Kolse Patil said that though there was mounting evidence of
      the Bajrang Dal’s involvement in bomb-making activities, not a single
      case was pursued to its logical end.

      Ms. Setalvad said a “mountain of damning evidence” was available to
      incriminate the Bajrang Dal in the bomb blasts that took place at the
      residence of a Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh worker in Nanded in
      Maharashtra in April 2006. As recently as last week, two Bajrang Dal
      activists died in an explosion while assembling bombs in Kanpur. The
      two men left behind explosive materials enough for several terror
      strikes, she alleged.

      Ms. Setalvad spoke specifically of the Nanded bomb blast case that
      claimed the lives of Naresh Kondwar and Himanshu Panse, both active
      workers of the Bajrang Dal and the Vishwa Hindu Parishad. The case was
      handed over to the Anti-Terrorism Squad of Maharashtra on May 4, 2006.

      Quoting from the two charge sheets filed by the ATS, Ms. Setalvad made
      the following points: Kondse and Panse were assembling bombs with the
      intention of targeting Muslim places of worship. The house where the
      bombs were manufactured belonged to RSS worker Laxman Rajkondwar.
      Diaries, important documents, suspicious maps and mobile numbers were
      unearthed from the house, which led the ATS to a terror trail spread
      over Parbhani, Jalna and Purna.

      Ms. Setalvad said the ATS charge sheets revealed that as many as three
      dozen Bajrang Dal workers from all over Maharashtra received systematic
      training from experts in bomb-making and bomb explosion. Despite this
      clinching evidence, the CBI watered down the findings in its own charge
      sheet filed in 2008, allowing the accused to be released on bail.

      Ms. Setalvad announced that she and the other speakers would soon move
      the Supreme Court in order to bring to its attention the discrepancy in
      the charge sheets of the ATS and the CBI.
    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.