Joint namaz proposed for Shias & Sunnis in Lucknow on Eid day

  • mohammad imran
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2008
      THINGS ARE A CHANGING!!!!

      THEY USED TO SAY "MADHE SAHABA" (PRAISE OF THE FOLLOWERS OF PROPHET),
      AND "TABARRA" (DENUNCIATION OF THE FOLLOWERS OF THE PROPHET), NOW THEY
      WANT TO SIT TOGETHER AND SAY PRAYERS.

      BEAUTIFUL.

      IMRAN

      On Apr 30, 2008, at 2:40 PM, Ishrat Adil wrote:

      very positive initiative by the man who is a pleasure to hear during Moharram majalis.

      Joint namaz proposed for Shias, Sunnis in Lucknow

      NewsByte 23 April, 2008 04:27:25

      By AMITA VERMA

      Lucknow, April 23: If all goes well, then the Id-ul-Fitr this year may usher in a sea-change in Muslim society

      A proposal to make the Sunnis and the Shias offer the EId namaz together has been mooted. The clergy of the two sects have also accepted the proposal and efforts are now being made to make the common members of the sects accept the same.

      Well-known Shia cleric Maulana Kalbe Sadiq, who mooted the proposal, explained, 'During Haj, Shias and Sunni Muslims offer namaz together, so what is the problem in offering namaz together during EId too? I want to lead the Shia community to the Idgah this year and join the Sunni brothers in offering namaz. We have had enough of infighting and social unrest within the community and it is time that we sink our petty differences and move towards a new horizon.'

      Sunni cleric and Naib Imam of Idgah, Maulana Khalid Rashid Firangi Mahali, meanwhile, has welcomed the proposal of one namaz during Eid. 'If the Shia clerics come to Idgah to offer namaz with the Sunnis, we will welcome them with open arms. We have no objections to the proposal and we hope that this EId will usher in a new era of harmony within the community,' he said.

      The two clerics, however, were not too bothered about the response of other clerics to the proposal. 'So far, none of the other Maulanas have registered their protest. I will lead my supporters to the Idgah on EId and those who agree with the idea of promoting unity in the community will come with me,' said Maulana Kalbe Sadiq.

      Maulana Khalid Rashid Firangi Mahali, on the other hand, said that every right-minded individual should support the proposal that only seeks to strength bond between Muslim brothers. If the proposal actually turns into reality on EId, it will end years of acrimony between the Shias and Sunnis in Lucknow.

      Ishrat Comments : I HOPE THEY BOTH AGREE ON THE SAME DATE FOR EID FIRST OF ALL TO CONTINUE WITH THE PRAYERS. BEST OF LUCK

      --
      Amr Quadir

      --
      Spiritual Message: Just remember someone is watching you, and never fail to acknowledge him at times of success.