- 30th December 2006 Dear all, Meeting of ISFUP was held at 23rd December at the office of Gramin Mazdoor Union. The meeting was focused on the future course ofMessage 1 of 1 , Dec 30, 2006View Source
30th December 2006
Meeting of ISFUP was held at 23rd December at the office of Gramin Mazdoor Union. The meeting was focused on the future course of action of ISFUP and its approach towards the issues of education, health, livelihood, women's issues, agriculture and forest dwellers and their rights. Unanimous decision to work jointly as a forum and to provide support to the concerning issue was welcomed by all.
Following decisions were taken in the meeting:
- Committee on education comprising Shailendra Singh (Lokmitra), Dr Veena Gupta (BGVS), and Dr Smriti Singh (Mahila Samakhya) was set up, which will do social audit/assessment in the areas of Sonbhadra and Chitrakoot
- A concept paper on education has already been developed.
- A concept paper on domestic violence women's right will be developed by Meena Rana (NACDOR) and Safiya Zameer (Mahila Samakhya).
- A concept paper on livelihood will be developed by Ashok Choudhary (GMU).
- Next meeting of ISFUP will be organized on 29th January 2007 at 2pm at 222 Vidhayak Niwas, Aishbagh Lucknow.
Among those who participated in the meeting are:-
Meena Rana (NACDOR), Safiya Zameer (Mahila Samakhya), Shailendra (Lokmitra), Praveen Singh (DYFI), Ashish Awasthi (Rickshaw Mazdoor Union), Ashok Choudhary, Bharti, Anshuman, Ramesh, Rani, Ram Sajeevan, Gokul, Rajneesh, Girish Chandra (GMU) Rashid (unorganized Sector Worker), Rashid (Kapda Mill Union) and Daulat Ram (Bharti Jansewa Ashram).
Nawabuddin (BGVS), Alok (Hastakshep), Dr Smriti (Mahila Samakhya) and Naheed (Prayatna Foundation) informed that they could not attend the meeting due to unavoidable circumstances.