MUSLIMS WILL SOON BE THE MAJORITY COMMUNITY

  • mohammad imran
    Message 1 of 3 , May 5, 2002

      mohammad imran

      Sun, 05 May 2002 20:39:47 -0400

      Mr. Singh,

      Take the last three census figures, say from 1970, 1980, 1990, and 2000
      ( if avaialbale), plot them for both Hindus and Muslims, and you will be
      able to extrapolate the numbers for the next 50 years. You want to be
      more accurate go back 5 decades or more. This myth of Muslim
      overproduction is common in all groups who want to hang a bogey of
      Muslim domination, be it India, Yugposlavia, Russia, or Europe. Fact is
      that with 4 marriages allowed to Muslims, the economics decides the
      number of marriages and children born to couples. In the same way with
      one legal marriage allowed to Europeans and Americans, people end up
      with many more children due to economic reasons and social attitudes -
      many of them out of wedlock. The determinant is money, and social
      ethics, not religion.

      imran

      Golfingly Yours wrote:

      > � Golfingly Yours wrote:
      >
      > I'm sure you've heard this before. It's very often spouted
      > by the RSSSwalas. I heard it again last night, and I asked
      > the person if he had studied the census figures for the
      > various communities, and the various states. He said, he had
      > not but was sure that in 50 years, the Moslems in India
      > would be the majority.I'm wanting to look at this problem
      > thoroughly, and would appreciate your guidance. Are there
      > any good articles one can look at?Any help would be
      > welcome.H K Singh
      >
      > Mr Singh,
      >
      > Yes there is. I need to dig that up. I also recall a peice by Irfan
      > Habib breaking a few myths as this one after looking at 1991 survey.
      > In the meanwhile I'll post your note in the group and I am sure some
      > will be able to help you on this'
      > Cheers
      > Shaji
      > ====Moderator's Note===================================
      > Has anyone in the List got any suggestion to Mr Singh on this?
    • V. R. Raman
      Message 2 of 3 , May 5, 2002

        Dr. Jose was asking about nutrition policy, no draft is released as yet. National policy on children is however is there on the Department of Women and Child Developmentch (WCD) site at: from http://wcd.nic.in. I am attaching other info available on their home page for your ready reference.

        Department of Women & Child Development
        Ministry of Human Resource Development

        Government of India
        ABOUT US CHILD DEVELOPMENT WOMEN DEVELOPMENT E-MAIL
        - CRC Report
        - National Plan of Action For Children
        - Format for Input in the CRC Report
        - Goals of World Summit for Children
        - The National Commission For Children - A Draft Bill 2001
        � Draft National Policy and Charter for Children 2001
        - Amendment Proposed in Immoral Traffic (Prevetion) Act 1956
        - Women Empowerment Year 2001
        - Women Empowerment Project
        - CEDAW Report
        - Outcome Document of Beijing 5+
        - National Policy for Women Empowerment
        - SWAYAMSIDHA (IWEP)
        -Food and Nutrition Board Schemes
        -Organisation Chart Udisha
        -Assocation with Unicef
        -Other Programmes
        -Women Awards
        -Parliament Question Database
        -Performance Budget
        -Annual Report 1999-2000
        NGO Information
        - List of Pending Project Proposals
        - Black Listed NGO
        - Project Supported By National Children's Fund under Grant-in-Aid

        Associated Organisation
        - NIPCCD
        - Rashtriya Mahila Kosh
        - National Commission For Women
        - Central Social Welfare Board
        For Further Details, Contact :-
        Department of Women and Child Development
        Ministry of Human Resource Development
        Government of India, Shastri Bhavan , New Delhi - 110 001
        Fax. No. : 3381800 , 3070480

        Thanks to all,
        V R Raman

        Do You Yahoo!?