9534Support for the book 'Retro-modern India. Forging the low-caste self', Manuela Ciotti

  • Manuela ciotti
    Feb 8, 2011
      Dear Friends of UP,

      I am a social anthropologist and I have been researching and writing on Dalits in Uttar Pradesh since 15 years now.

      My first book 'Retro-modern India. Forging the low-caste self.' was published last year (http://www.routledge.com/books/details/9780415563116/).

      This book has been entered in a competition for Asian Studies, and the book wins if it gets the highest number of votes polled from an online polling booth.

      It would be great if the book won this competition: this would also help the Dalit community protagonist of this book as I will donate to them the royalties deriving from the book sales since its publication date.

      Please support the book and circulate the voting information as widely as possible!

      I have copied the information below.

      Many thanks in advance,

      Manuela

      The title of the book is 'Retro-modern India. Forging the low-caste
      self'
      (Routledge 2010)

      The book prize is called:
      Colleagues' Choice Award 2011, International Convention of Asia
      Scholars (ICAS)

      Votes are anonymous and the procedure is very easy: You can vote
      at:
      http://www.icassecretariat.org/polling-booth-2011

      There are no authors' names, only book titles: my book is the very
      last one on the list.

      --
      Dr. Manuela Ciotti
      Fellow