Bensen Days - Wauchula, Florida

  • cburgoontrike3
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 4, 2013
      Hope to see some Florida FW guys in Wauchula this weekend for Bensen Days. The forecast looks good for any kind of flying. I'm headed that way in a couple of hours.

      April 3-6,
      Bensen Days, 40th Annual Fly-in (all aircraft types welcome)
      Saturday:
      10:00 Spot Landing Contest
      11:00 Egg Drop Contest
      12:00 Exhibition Flights
      2:00 Static Thrust Competition/Testing
      6:00 Banquet and Awards
      Wauchula Fl
      Sunstate Wing and Rotor Club PRA Chapter 26
      http://www.bensendays.us.com
      http://www.bensendays.net
    • cburgoontrike3
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 4, 2013
        Lots of comments for the upcoming Static Thrust Comp/Test Saturday. Steve probably has the most experience doing it.

        The current debate (within the group planning the test program) is whether or not to establish and add the baseline break-away pressure (for each aircraft). Say it takes 15 pounds to get it to move, then add the 15 pounds. I've never done this before but I can see their point. They want to get some mid-range readings too.

        Steve B, what are your thoughts?

        Thanks,

        Chuck

        --- In FLY-UL@yahoogroups.com, "cburgoontrike3" <CBurgoon@...> wrote:

        > Hope to see some Florida FW guys in Wauchula this weekend for Bensen Days. The forecast looks good for any kind of flying. I'm headed that way in a couple of hours.
        >
        > April 3-6,
        > Bensen Days, 40th Annual Fly-in (all aircraft types welcome)
        > Saturday:
        > 10:00 Spot Landing Contest
        > 11:00 Egg Drop Contest
        > 12:00 Exhibition Flights
        > 2:00 Static Thrust Competition/Testing
        > 6:00 Banquet and Awards
        > Wauchula Fl
        > Sunstate Wing and Rotor Club PRA Chapter 26
        > http://www.bensendays.us.com
        > http://www.bensendays.net

      • Malcolm Brubaker
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 5, 2013
          we will be ther on Saturday looking for word to seeing anybody from michigan

          Malcolm & Jeanne Brubaker
          Michigan Sport Pilot Repair
          LSRM-A, PPC, WS
          Great Sails - Sailmaker