Re: *** Beware *** - Buying Metal Hangar Buildings

  • Mark C
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2012
      Got my building from "future steel in Canada. They use the same line Many cancelled orders. Can same thousands. If you wait them out you can save . My price went from $17000 to $11000 im 3 weeks in the end THEY were asking what price i would buy for 25'X40"X13"high. Cheaper than wood structure. Great b.uilding and will last forever. Just a strange way of doing business

      --- In FLY-UL@yahoogroups.com, "Pete B" <nyweb2001@...> wrote:

      > Jerb....would you mind if I post this on FB leaving your name and info out ?
      >
      > --- In FLY-UL@yahoogroups.com, jerb <ulflyer@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hey Folks,
      > >
      > > Heads Up - While this isn't directly list topic related I think it
      > > is valid being posted here.
      > >
      > > If you are in the market now or may be in the future for a metal
      > > hangar building you may be interested in my experience with U.S.
      > > Metal buildings sales methods.
      > >
      > > I contact them to get some information on their buildings. They will
      > > not give you much of any information on the buildings
      > > themselves. Soon after the initial contact they call asking for a
      > > deposit on a building - (my initial thoughts - excuse me but I don't
      > > seem to recall we have even had discussed the size or type of
      > > building I'm looking for.) The calls continue to come from a number
      > > if different individuals with the lead in they have a number of
      > > canceled orders and you can save 50 percent if you can put down a
      > > deposit "today".
      > >
      > > Note, there may be more than one company operating in this
      > > manner. Strangest industry I've ever seen. though Trying to get
      > > some basic cost information from a number of these companies has been
      > > a real experience and an eye opener. I've now taken the route of
      > > only approaching companies that have been used by other aviation friends.
      > >
      > > Before doing business with any metal building company look them up on
      > > the internet for background information, investigate them
      > > thoroughly. There are various scam routines being used by metal
      > > building companies, resulting in deposit forfeitures or cost
      > > increases. Not all are dishonest, but check them out before giving
      > > them any funds. Might even give the Better Business Bureau a call
      > > for what it's worth.
      > >
      > > Also be aware of cost increase scams going on, again do some
      > > searches on the internet.
      > >
      > > So far I've managed not to get stung, but others out there have and
      > > these folks are looking for their next target.
      > > Don't let it be you.
      > >
      > > Regards,
      > > jerb

    • jb181975
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 16, 2012
        Very please with my Steel Master hangar. 9 years tough. Much better deal than US Steel. JB