Re: UL: Starflight Aircraft

  • Bob
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2012
      For those of you who have never experienced a Starflight, I purchased a 1985 short wing (about 28')last August and honestly cannot be happier. All my prior experience was in GA with things like Cessna's and just a few hours in a Champ. The easiest way to describe the flight envelope of the Starflight line of planes is that they fly like a Cessna with full flaps down for the entire flight. Just a great handling bird.

      --- In FLY-UL@yahoogroups.com, Roger Poyner <rogpoyn@...> wrote:

      > I'm the other Roger that signs everything Roger P and I am in charge of  the Starflight UL group on Yahoo.  The group site is not for sale but the planes are great.  I own one and have a fair background on all the models.  If anyone has questions feel free to give me a yell or join the group.  Just hit 100 members yesterday.   Roger P

    • ROGER MILLS
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2012
        Pretty good analogy Bob, except they don't wallow like a Cessna with full flaps, and a 150 with 40 degrees of flaps won't hardly get out of ground effect.  Put a 503 in yours and you can out fly a 150 with flaps up or down, well, not quite as fast flat out.

        To: FLY-UL@yahoogroups.com
        From: IceRinkDad@...
        Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 13:09:03 +0000
        Subject: Re: UL: Starflight Aircraft

        For those of you who have never experienced a Starflight, I purchased a 1985 short wing (about 28')last August and honestly cannot be happier. All my prior experience was in GA with things like Cessna's and just a few hours in a Champ. The easiest way to describe the flight envelope of the Starflight line of planes is that they fly like a Cessna with full flaps down for the entire flight. Just a great handling bird.

        --- In FLY-UL@yahoogroups.com, Roger Poyner <rogpoyn@...> wrote:

        > I'm the other Roger that signs everything Roger P and I am in charge of  the Starflight UL group on Yahoo.  The group site is not for sale but the planes are great.  I own one and have a fair background on all the models.  If anyone has questions feel free to give me a yell or join the group.  Just hit 100 members yesterday.   Roger P

      • billt
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 3, 2012
          Thanks Roger good to hear.