Record headset

  • Mark C
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2012
      Anyone know how to record the audio from the A/C headset. IE the conversation? I know it can be done.
    • Bob Comperini
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1, 2012

        There are a few commercial solutions, if you're not into tinkering. Here's one: http://www.barnstormeraudio.com/IRC.html

        --
        Bob Comperini
        e-mail: bob@...
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 1, 2012
          Thanks Bob
          Exactly what I'm looking for. I see they have basically the same thing at Aircraft Spruce. I have videos on YouTube (brn2flyul) and wanted to add the Cockpit audio next time.
          Mark

          --- In FLY-UL@yahoogroups.com, Bob Comperini <bob@...> wrote:

          > On 09:09 AM 1/1/2012, Mark C wrote:
          > >Anyone know how to record the audio from the A/C headset. IE the conversation? I know it can be done.
          >
          > There are a few commercial solutions, if you're not into tinkering. Here's one: http://www.barnstormeraudio.com/IRC.html
          >

          > --
          > Bob Comperini
          > e-mail: bob@...
          > WWW: http://www.fly-ul.com

        • Mark Zinkel
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 3, 2012
            I use a standard mono 1/8th inch audio cable (electric guitar cable). I'll plug a splitter into the intercom, the earphone part of the headset goes in one, and a male to male 1/8th cable into the other. At the other end up the cable, I plug in my M-Audio Microtrack II. This is using standard GA audio cables. I'm not sure how it would happen otherwise.

            That audio cable that Bob posted would be useful as I have to turn down the volume on the intercom or the gain on the Microtrack recorder waaaay down.

            I hope this helps,
            Mark