This group dead?

  • Bill C
    Message 1 of 78 , May 6, 2010
      Everyone out flying?
    • Bill C
      Message 78 of 78 , May 25, 2010
        Just finished talking to an examiner I know. He related a story about a pilot he knows, who had the FAA ramp check him at a farm field. He was the only aircraft, it wasn't even a fly in. It is true you can deny the FAA access to private property. But they can also call local law enforcement, who have every right to go on your property and invite the FAA in if anything is amiss. SP has made many local law enforcement people much more aware. It only takes one 911 call and complaint from anyone. Someone must have seen you flying the illegal aircraft, cause there is no rule against owning one, but that doesn't have to be an FAA guy. It can be local cops. The thing about FAA oversight is the relentlessness of their work. Once a dime is dropped to them, they must investigate, and their manual requires all manner of methods. There is a section on how to interview you, with emphasis on putting you at ease, so you will feel comfortable and divulge more. It's nothing like your friendly UL Org. Miserable. I'd sure like to know who that jerk of a DAR (in the post below) was, who would rat out someone to the FAA instead of just talking to them first. Not fun to fly in an atmosphere of fear and suspicion.

        Bill