Photos - Salton Sea 2010 Adventure

  • tdrtw
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2010

      Here are some photos of Eric Savenger and I's trip out to the Salton Sea flyin event. We had perfect weather conditions for all day flying pretty much the whole time we were gone. We would take off at sunrise, head out for the day landing in all sorts of places, meeting all sorts of people and come back by sunset - filming the whole trip. Eric works in the photography field travelling around to hospitals setting up equipment, and thus takes wonderful photos. The highlight for both of us was playing around in the Glamis Sand Dunes.

      http://www.emuvideo.com/images/trike/salton2010/

      I have lots of video to start working on now!

      Cheers,

      Damien

    • TheWanderingWench
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2, 2010
        Damien -
        These are stunning. My favorites are Damien dunes 03 and Damien over Salton. But they're all gorgeous.

        Tell us a little about the flight. Where is your home field that you flew from? How long was the flight from your home field to Salton Sea? How long was the entire trip?

        Arty
        Sandy, Oregon

        www.LessonsFromTheEdge.com/uladventure2009.htm

        "Life's a daring adventure or nothing"
        Helen Keller

        "I refuse to tip toe through life just to arrive safely at death."

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 3, 2010
          very nice!

          JayD

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 3, 2010
            Thanks!

            we towed our machines out there and setup on the salton beach. Good weather allowed us lots of flying which we maximed on.

            Right now my trike is at home in Abq, NM for a good cleaning (got a lot of mud on it) and an annual inspection before the next adventure.

            Cheers,

            Damien

            --- In FLY-UL@yahoogroups.com, TheWanderingWench <thewanderingwench@...> wrote:

            > Damien -These are stunning. My favorites are Damien dunes 03 and Damien over Salton. But they're all gorgeous.
            > Tell us a little about the flight. Where is your home field that you flew from? How long was the flight from your home field to Salton Sea? How long was the entire trip?
            > ArtySandy, Oregon
            >
            > www.LessonsFromTheEdge.com/uladventure2009.htm
            >

            > "Life's a daring adventure or nothing"
            >
            > Helen Keller
            >

            > "I refuse to tip toe through life just to arrive safely at death."

          • ROGER MILLS
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 3, 2010
              Damien, et al
              Great photo's looks like you had fun.

              I used to live in El Centro and work on Black mountain. Had to go to across Glamis all the time.  FYI it is where the sand scenes of Tatooine (sp) were done for Star Wars, and is considered the best "Dunes" anywhere.  There are places where you can stand and see 1000's of RV's parked on some weekends.  If you go there with a buggy or quad etc. DO NOT park or stop in the valleys, park on top of a dune.  I saw a buggy land on four quads, all died, actually happens alot.

              To: FLY-UL@yahoogroups.com