Re: UL: Rotax 277 - Has anyone modified to dual spark?

  • liteflitefun
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1 5:41 AM
      > My SKYGOAT has twin 277s on it , in my testing i made one engine run
      > the opposite direction by moving the stator plate , i could even make the
      > engine change from clockwise to counterclockwise WHILE RUNNING , i would just
      > put the timing to fire at TDC then move the stator plate either direction
      > while the engine is running at about 600 RPM and it would change direction
      > without missing a beat , even did it with a 430 Cuyuna and a 503 Rotax same
      > way
      >
      > Steve @ Airscrew Peerformance

      how did you move the stator plate while it was running?
    • Mark Smith
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1 7:35 PM
        --- In FLY-UL@yahoogroups.com, "liteflitefun" <liteflitefun@...> wrote:

        > > My SKYGOAT has twin 277s on it , in my testing i made one engine run
        > > the opposite direction by moving the stator plate , i could even make the
        > > engine change from clockwise to counterclockwise WHILE RUNNING , i would just
        > > put the timing to fire at TDC then move the stator plate either direction
        > > while the engine is running at about 600 RPM and it would change direction
        > > without missing a beat , even did it with a 430 Cuyuna and a 503 Rotax same
        > > way
        > >
        > > Steve @ Airscrew Peerformance
        > >

        > how did you move the stator plate while it was running?

        Loosen the two screws and move the plate working through the holes in the flywheel,,,,,,,,,,,,

      • GASSITT@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 2 1:32 PM
          In a message dated 8/1/09 7:36:50 PM US Mountain Standard Time, mark@... writes:
          --- In FLY-UL@yahoogroups.com, "liteflitefun" <liteflitefun@...> wrote:

          > >   My  SKYGOAT has twin 277s on it ,  in my testing i made one engine run
          > > the opposite direction  by moving the stator plate  , i could even make the
          > > engine change from clockwise to counterclockwise WHILE RUNNING , i would just
          > > put the  timing to fire at TDC then move the stator plate either direction
          > > while the engine is running at about 600 RPM and it would change direction
          > > without missing a beat , even did it with a 430   Cuyuna and a 503 Rotax  same
          > > way
          > >
          > > Steve @ Airscrew Peerformance
          > >

          > how did you move the stator plate while it was running?

          Loosen the two screws and move the plate working through the holes in the flywheel,,,,,,,,,,,,

             Yes , thats it Mark , you have to work real fast :-)

                Mark , it was simple , i put longer slots in the stator plate that allowed the plate to move   100 MM either way from TDC and  screws in the plate  with  small HD springs on them to hold the plate where i set it , and had a lever attached to the plate and a slot in the fan housing for the slot to come through  , Ya got it now ?

           GASSITT