Update on Chuck Slusarczyk

  • Steve Bensinger
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2009
      Hi Gang,

      I talked with Chuck Tuesday evening, and he's sounding good. He went
      down the hall without the help of a walker for the first time on
      Tuesday. He's doing well enough that they're going to kick him out of
      the hospital next week. Rehab will continue for a while, and they
      told him he should be driving again in about six months. Considering
      that things were very touch and go the first three days after the
      stroke, his recovery is darn near miraculous.

      For Christmas the family brought his leg lamp (from "A Christmas
      Story") to display in his room, and everyone in the hospital had to
      stop in to see it. He spent part of the holiday giving his grandkids
      rides up and down the halls in his wheelchair. He also thinks it's
      unfair that the nurses can give him sponge baths but he can't
      reciprocate.

      He sends his thanks to everyone who sent a card.

      - Steve Bensinger

    • planeman
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1, 2009
        Steve
        Thanks for the report,and good luck to Chuck
        Dave R

        >Hi Gang,
        >
        >I talked with Chuck Tuesday evening, and he's sounding good. He went
        >down the hall without the help of a walker for the first time on
        >Tuesday. He's doing well enough that they're going to kick him out of
        >the hospital next week. Rehab will continue for a while, and they
        >told him he should be driving again in about six months. Considering
        >that things were very touch and go the first three days after the
        >stroke, his recovery is darn near miraculous.
        >
        >For Christmas the family brought his leg lamp (from "A Christmas
        >Story") to display in his room, and everyone in the hospital had to
        >stop in to see it. He spent part of the holiday giving his grandkids
        >rides up and down the halls in his wheelchair. He also thinks it's
        >unfair that the nurses can give him sponge baths but he can't
        >reciprocate.
        >
        >He sends his thanks to everyone who sent a card.
        >
        >- Steve Bensinger

        >12/31/2008 8:44 AM
      • Dave's Yahoo
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 1, 2009
          I'm glad to hear he's doing better. Thanks for the update.

          Sent from my iPhone

          On Jan 1, 2009, at 11:27 AM, Steve Bensinger <ulav8r@...> wrote:

[...]

        • Dave and Jean Matheny
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 2, 2009
            Heartwarming news. Chuck is one of the titans of the ultralight world, and I'd like to
            see him go on forever.

            --Dave Matheny