Re: list declining?

  • Mark Smith
    Message 1 of 11 , May 1, 2008
      --- In FLY-UL@yahoogroups.com, "donald ford" <b5jfph3w@...> wrote:

      > Hi gang,
      >
      > I have been on the fly-ul list since 1998. It seems to me that over
      the past couple of years the number of people
      > on the list has been in a gradual decline.
      >
      > Once in a while there will be a burst of activity, but mostly it is
      a relative small group of people contributing.
      > I contribute when I can.
      >
      > Best regards to all,
      >
      > Don

      The overall UL activity has been in a decline for about ten years.

      Some may equate this with sprot pile it, others with a general decline
      in spending for toys.

      Of the several lists i am on, the contributors are less than 10
      percent of the total members,,,,,,,,,,

      I wish the other 90 percent would post as they have often good
      questions that spur discussion and answers. Some have unique
      experiences others could learn from.

      The threats and promises of enforcement have removed many from the
      sport and i credit the fnAA for this as well as removing the BFI
      program. Any sport without training facilities will be short lived.

      there are many who say tough luck, but these folks are the " I got
      mine, screw you " crowd.

      When parts and supplies start drying up, engine production stops for
      lack of market, companies cease production of various models, prices
      rise due to unit cost,,,,,,,maybe they will realise the problem.
    • captaineqs
      Message 2 of 11 , May 1, 2008
        More likely, it's because people get tired of the constant RANTING by
        a few here who hate SP.

        I check this list every day. Most of the time, there's nothing worth
        reading, much less responding to.

        --- In FLY-UL@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Gray" <richie1@...> wrote:

        > Could this have something to do with SP, HUMMMMM I wonder.
      • Kenny Danielson
        Message 3 of 11 , May 1, 2008
          Agreed. I quit the other group because of the never ending whining. What a bunch of babies. Most of us can cite a multitude of inequities, injustices, and other gripes but we don't burden others with our inability to cope. Life is unfair - get used to it.

          If you got lemons, make lemonade. Mexicans say, if you got cactus, make tequila!

          Message 4 of 11 , May 1, 2008
            --- In FLY-UL@yahoogroups.com, "captaineqs" <graphotypist@...> wrote:

            > More likely, it's because people get tired of the constant RANTING by
            > a few here who hate SP.

            sounds very much like one of the " I got mine, screw you " crowd

            > I check this list every day. Most of the time, there's nothing worth
            > reading, much less responding to.

            and what have you offerred as great posts lately ?
          • Dave and Jean Matheny
            Message 5 of 11 , May 1, 2008
              I've been on various lists and boards since 1995 or so. One thing that all have in common
              is that some small percentage of the total membership does most of the posting.

              Others, like me, only post when they have something to say, and I only read any post when
              the poster has a track record of saying something worth reading. Mark Smith comes to mind,
              as does Chuck Sluszarcyk.

              The other thing that all lists have in common is that they do tend to wander off topic,
              and then some people complain angrily that they didn't sign up to read about [fill in the
              blank]. Here's a tip about that: Don't read it.

              --DM
            • Jay D
              Message 6 of 11 , May 1, 2008
                Craigslist posts is what killed the list..

                Jay

                -----------------

                captaineqs wrote:

                > More likely, it's because people get tired of the constant RANTING by
                > a few here who hate SP.
                >
                > I check this list every day. Most of the time, there's nothing worth
                > reading, much less responding to.
                >
                > --- In FLY-UL@yahoogroups.com <mailto:FLY-UL%40yahoogroups.com>,
                > "Richard Gray" <richie1@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > Could this have something to do with SP, HUMMMMM I wonder.

              • bczygan
                Message 7 of 11 , May 1, 2008
                  Bull

                  Message 8 of 11 , May 1, 2008
                    Well, gee, Mark, looking over the last several months, I've offered as
                    many "great" posts as you have.

                    And I haven't posted much. Do the math.

                    Message 9 of 11 , May 2, 2008
                      Not much to add to a craigslist advertisement!

                      Jay