Re: Re: tem.flight permit

  • Don Zank
    Message 1 of 43 , Apr 1, 2006
      Well, most of us here fly a two seat toy. Right? If ya gotta PAY for an instructor,(CFI) then why not get all you can get for your money. If you can pass the med, the rec is by far the best.
      A little leg work away from the FBO will find you a CFI that will train in anything, cuz they need the work and most are happy to get a chance to fly some thing other than a tin can. You may be right about being harder to find for an old dark ages QuicksilverMX type, but all the more modern ones should be fine.
      Everything about rec pilot and experimental(amatuer built) does and will cost less than sprot pile it and sport plane. Unless of course you can't pass a 3rd class med.
      DZ

      ----- Original Ah, um....isn't that the kind of plane 99% of the folks on this list
      can afford to, have, and like to fly? Don't know any 200 mph RV-ers
      here. Speak up if you are one! Then tell me WHY you are here!

      signed,
      -moose

    • Gary Orpe
      Message 43 of 43 , Apr 5, 2006
        And all the time, all we wanted to be was UL Pilots. Now here we are
        all broken hearted.....
        ;-)
        Just kidding Bill, but times have sure changed over the last five
        years, for sure. We even had a BFI here in Bakersfield who you
        signed off as a instructor. He has sold out all his stuff and bought
        a Camero instead. I don't know if Bob C. is still a BFI or not but
        if so he would still be the closest one. He now has his SPI rating
        from Jon Thornburg. Been wanting to ask him about the training
        business and how it was going.

        Gary O.
        The dumb and aging one...
        661 746-4780 fax