Petition found on FAA site

  • taylorma@esper.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1 3:28 AM
      Found this FAR 103 increase in weight petition on the FAA
      website. Clipped all the legal stuff and have posted the
      content here...

      Dear Mr. FAA,

      Me and the boys wuz sittin' around the hangar the other day
      talkin' about ultralightin' and the other stuff we do to tickle
      our fancys when ol Charlie lets out a hoot. (He does that when
      he gets an idea.) He said it sure would be nice to be able to
      combine his enjoyment of ultralightin' with hunting. Now I sez
      to ol Charlie, that shootin' deer from an ultralight might not
      be legal and I told him that he might wanna check in with the
      TWRA (that's the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency) to see
      if he'd get in trouble. Well, ol Charlie got up and went to
      the office to call the TWRA while me and Dan continued to sip
      on our beers. (We wuz done flyin for the day - so don't worry,
      Mr. FAA, we don't drink n fly.)

      Bout the time we hit bottom and wuz reachin for another round
      ol Charlie came back. He said he got good news and bad news
      from the TWRA. He said the bad news wuz if we got caught
      shootin deer from an ultralight that the TWRA guy would stick
      our sorry ###s under the jail. The good news is that the TWRA
      guy said that he knew of no Tennessee law that prohibited the
      transit of dead deer by ultralight. He said if we were crazy
      enough to fly the deer carcass into the check point he wouldn't
      say anything about it.

      Anyway, we set out and welded up three gun racks and three cages
      that we hang under our ultralights to hold the deer meat. Our
      intent is to fly to a field. Shoot three deers. Load the deer
      into the ultralights and fly to the checking station. There we
      can land and the TWRA can do their thing. Then me and Dan, will
      fly back to the airport with our deer meat. Ol Charlie made his
      deer cage special so he could drop the deer from the air, that
      way he can fly over his house and drop the deer into a big tarp
      he'll string up in the back yard before returning to the
      airport. (FAR 103 said dropping stuff is ok, right?) Charlie
      said it would also be real purty to load up the cage with red,
      white and blue toilet paper and drop that on the forth of July.

      Now he's where you fellers come in, after we got the gun racks and
      deer cages installed we found out all three ultralights are now
      about 35 pounds overweight according to FAR 103. Dan said he was
      pretty sure that since the deer wuz dead that the deer wouldn't be
      counted as a passenger so we'd be good to go under FAR 103, except
      for the weight. So what we need from you all are three exemptions
      to FAR 103 for an additional 35 pounds each.

      BTW, hunting season is still a few months away so we don't need the
      exemption right away but ol Charlie said it sure would be nice to
      get the paperwork done so he could start practicing dropping stuff.

      Mark A. Taylor
      And have a happy April Fools Day!
    • Jay D
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1 6:01 AM
        On some other sites this post would be frowned upon, but, "I Love This
        Site! :)"

        Jay D