UL: Re: Airspace?

  • agaviator
    Message 1 of 78 , Aug 31, 2003
      Wrong, read the regs!

      --- In FLY-UL@yahoogroups.com, "Steven J. Cooper" <spdrflyr@e...>
      wrote:
      > You don't need permission to fly through class E surface airspace.
      >
      > Steve Cooper
      >

      > --- In FLY-UL@yahoogroups.com, Bill Volcko <bvolcko@u...> wrote:
      > > JD,
      > > I would like to get permission to fly through class e surface
      > airspace
      > > at Watertown ap (ART) How would I go about it?
      > >
      > > Thanks for any help
      > > BV
      > >
      > > "J.D. Stewart" wrote:
      > > >
      > > > 5 years ago I procurred authorization from the
      Minneapolis
      > > > Center for
      > > > ultralights to fly in OFK's surface class E airspace. There
      is no
      > > > tower,
      > > > only automated weather. That was the only authorization
      we
      > > > needed,
      > > > according to them, and it has been a standing authorization
      until
      > they
      > > > want
      > > > to rescind it.
      > > > 103.17 doesn't say you need authorization EVERY time.
      It
      > just
      > > > says prior
      > > > authorization.
      > > >
      > > > J.D. Stewart
      > > > UltraFun AirSports
      > > > http://www.ultrafunairsports.com
      > > > FlyChallenger E-mail list and Website Administrator
      > > > http://challenger.inebraska.com
      > > > TitanAircraft e-mail list
      > > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Titanaircraft/

      > fly an
      > call
      > with
      > > > Fox
      > out
      > > > of
      > ANY "Class E

      > Class B,
      > of the
      > unless
      > > > that
      > > > jurisdiction
      > > > >

      > > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      > > > [click here]

      > Service.
    • Gary Orpe
      Message 78 of 78 , Sep 2, 2003
        Yah just like that I guess.

        Hey Rick! Looking at the sectional I can't see where it tells you who has
        control of what anywhere in that area. Even the fuzzy red is broken around
        WJF class D upper airspace. Also, looks like a hole through all of that crap
        if you fly a little South of the Rosamond (L00) Race Track. Then your in the
        fuzz again past HWY 14. So whose got what up there anyway? Is there some
        kind of corridor through there, say from Lloyds Landing to Brian (CL13)?

        Just another opportunity for some education. Looks like a lot of us could
        use it on these blasted charts, including me.

        Gary O.
        A79228
        E690190