Re: UL: Thunder Cheif 602 engine

  • Scott Perkins
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2003
      I believe it is the Citroen french auto engine
      done up by the ex partner of Wayne Ison.

      It looked and flew great at SunFun several years ago. He did not get
      much interest so pretty much abandoned the project although he might
      still do one for you. I've got some great close up pics etc.
      Scott

      Dave wrote:

      > I noticed it in the Aircraft spruce catalog . Anyone with
      > experience or know of anyone ? Thanks Dave

    • Dave
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2003
        Scott thanks for the info . If you can email me 1 or 2 pics
        thanks ,Dave

        --- In FLY-UL@yahoogroups.com, Scott Perkins <2scott@b...> wrote:
        > I believe it is the Citroen french auto engine
        > done up by the ex partner of Wayne Ison.
        >
        > It looked and flew great at SunFun several years ago. He did not
        get
        > much interest so pretty much abandoned the project although he might
        > still do one for you. I've got some great close up pics etc.
        > Scott
        >
        > Dave wrote:
        > >
        > > I noticed it in the Aircraft spruce catalog . Anyone with
        > > experience or know of anyone ? Thanks Dave
        > >

        > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • jerb
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 3, 2003
          Aren't there two individuals involved with the engine, one is the
          mechanical engine guy and the other is connected with a machine shop. I
          forget their names but the machine shop operator appears to be a difficult
          person to deal with which in my opinion is why the engine hadn't gone any
          where. When I spoke to the guy I didn't come away wanting to do business
          with him. Want to set him off just ask about if there are any alternate US
          sources for the French engine parts. My interest ended with his comment to
          the effect he wasn't going to beg me to buy his engine.
          jerb