Re: UL: My Engine out (New) Carb boot

  • Bill Cook
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2002
      So what do you use for clamps?

      Bill

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Richard Gray" <richie@...>
      To: <FLY-UL@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, July 01, 2002 10:18 AM
      Subject: Re: UL: My Engine out (New) Carb boot

      > Bill, I always use acetone to clean the boots and carb flange. I clean
      > the boot inside and out, I even clean the clamps. do not use hose clamps
      > because they most of the time don't fit the boot grove--------Richie
    • Richard Gray
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2002
        At 03:45 PM 7/1/2002 +0800, you wrote:
        >So what do you use for clamps?
        >
        >Bill

        Bill, I use the rotax clamps--503 part# 951-510
        I've seen these common hose clamps on some planes where the band is to
        wide for the grove in the boot, they are not getting a good seal like that.
        I just like the solid band type-------------------Richie

      • Mark Smith
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 1, 2002
          Richard Gray wrote:

          > At 03:45 PM 7/1/2002 +0800, you wrote:
          > >So what do you use for clamps?
          > >
          > >Bill
          >
          > Bill, I use the rotax clamps--503 part# 951-510
          > I've seen these common hose clamps on some planes where the band is to
          > wide for the grove in the boot, they are not getting a good seal like that.
          > I just like the solid band type-------------------Richie

          Of course, he said a 582, which requires two different clamps, and that
          rotax changed the 582 clamps several years ago,,, and that a lotof the
          incorrect ones are still in use,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

          that's why I always want the carbs and such to check this kind of
          --

          Mark Smith
          Tri-State Kite Sales http://www.trikite.com