Re: UL: Told ya it was a DONE Deal!

  • Ed Dart
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1 12:43 AM
      Actually they really don't charge for helping put the
      Standards together. We made them explain it to us
      twice, They hope companies will become members, but
      you don't have too. They do charge for copies of the
      standards, but that's only $ 25.00 for the first one
      and you can run copies if you want. Every manufacture
      will want to get 1 copy but that isn't much of a cost.
      Only manufactures will need a copy. He told us that
      the way they make money is in the long run, by being
      the distributor of the standards, then over the years
      they keep making money on work they did a long time
      ago. They maintain a Library of like 72,000
      standards, at that rate you don't have to sell to many
      copies. What I didn't like about using them is they
      take soooo long, but because they cost so little
      everyone wanted to use them.

      Ed

      http://greetings.yahoo.com