Re: [FLI_Imaging_Systems] Help me determine my back focus correctly.

  • Tim Khan
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 8, 2011
      Catching up on posts here Dean...you would have to add 1mm to your spacer; so I come up with 11.5mm, but you have a tolerance of 1mm so you ought to be fine.

      BTW, perhaps next year...I can always enter in WSP photo contest :)

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 8, 2011

        Thanks Tim,  that is what I thought.  Not sure how I missed by 1mm with my original calculation but is within their stated tolerance.

        As for WSP, let the wind blow so my trusty little Epsilon can come thru yet again J  Of course if I don’t bring the big scope it will be calm every night.

        Catching up on posts here Dean...you would have to add 1mm to your spacer; so I come up with 11.5mm, but you have a tolerance of 1mm so you ought to be fine.

        BTW, perhaps next year...I can always enter in WSP photo contest :)

        I want to verify I am figuring my image train correctly to my corrector.

        Corrector needs 77.5mm +/- 1mm from flange.

        I have; camera 25mm, wheel 25mm,  OAG 17mm,  =  67mm

        I am using 3mm thick filters (yea I know)  They say to allow 1mm, but add to what?  image train or to corrector specs?

        What size spacer do I need between the OAG and corrector to get me the right distance?  ( I ordered a 12.5mm )

        Thanks

        Dean

        No virus found in this message.

        No virus found in this message.

      • rdcrisp@sbcglobal.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 8, 2011
          I would recommend camera lenses and let the winds blow!

          If I could easily ship my gear from califruitty, I’d do it just to hang out with my buds.....