IC1396 - The Elephant Trunk or the Finger of God?

  • emanuele_colognato
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2010
      Well, after learning a new mount, installing the Starizona Digital Focuser
      system, and getting my setup streamlined, I finally found some time to image
      IC1396.

      It certainly need a lot more time, but with the inconstant weather we have here,
      the full moon under which this was imaged and heavy light pollution, this is all
      I can do for now.
      This is also my first ever Ha picture so don't be too hard on me, please!

      Mount: 10Micron GM2000 QCI Ultraportable
      Telescope: TEC APO140ED @ F7
      CCD: FLI ML8300 @ -35C
      Filter: Baader 7nm Ha
      Exposure: 13x15min subs for 3.2 hours.
      Post-Processing: Pixinsight
      Calibration: No calibration performed on the light frames.
      Location: Erbusco (BS), Lombardy
      Skies: Mag3 skies and heavy light pollution

      It is certainly not as great as many pictures I see here, but it is a start!
      Thank you for looking and clear skies.
      E.

      Link:
      http://www.backyardskies.com/BackyardSkies/IC1396.html
    • Eric
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3, 2010
        Emanuele:
        Very good image.
        Best regards,
        Eric. (México)

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 3, 2010
          Eric,
          Thank you for your comment and taking the time to look at my image. :)
          E.