Re: Vail Mills station location

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 6 6:17 PM
      I found the wheel books from Conductor Fred Bell. I have one book from 1944
      and another from 1957. He was conductor on the Hill crew. In 44 it appears
      they went down early came back to J'town, then back for the rest of the
      cars. I copied one side of a day in 1944 for anyone who may be inerested.
      I'm going to user the scanner for the next stuff I do though. As I said
      once earlier the FJ&G followed the same routine for years at a time. Let's
      see if this works.

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 6 6:25 PM
        A further on the table... it's at the bottom of the page if you're really
        looking for it. Also this crew went back down the hill, arriving at Fonda
        at 12:50 with nine cars. There's no indication of what went down on the
        first southward trip so let's assume they went light. The first trip
        usually arrived at Fonda at 7:50 or thereabouts. The times would represent
        the time the pin was pulled to affect the applicaton of the old hourly per
        diem records.

        PKL