Excursions

  • andrewsfusco
    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 2004
      Well, Gino was right. The story and photos
      on the October 15, 1950 FJ&G fan trip in the
      new issue of Classic Trains are terrific. The
      text is nicely detailed for the sake of
      historical accuracy.

      Which, turning to our resident historical
      experts Paul L. and Walt, has got me wondering:
      over the years, how many fan excursions were there
      on the FJ&G? I know of the late-40s Capital
      District Railroad Club fan trip, the end car
      on which was pictured in Dave Nestle's book.
      Anybody know the date and the consist of that one?
      Anybody know of any others?---Andy Fusco
    • Gino DiCarlo
      Message 2 of 2 , May 3, 2004
        Andy,

        Here's the other trip I know of.

        10/27/46- Capital District Railroad Club sponsors a fan trip from Fonda
        To Broadalbin.
        Engine 9 pulls coaches carrying over 175 people that day.

        There was also a trip involving the trolleys in the 30's, but I'm not
        sure of the date.
        There are some glimpses of it in the 8mm trolley movie. It's funny,
        according to
        Rand Warner's notes, there was a camera-fan trip in June of 1950. Is
        this the same
        trip covered in the "Classic Trains" article?

        Gino

        On May 3, 2004, at 2:03 PM, andrewsfusco wrote:

        > Well, Gino was right.  The story and photos
        > on the October 15, 1950 FJ&G fan trip in the
        > new issue of Classic Trains are terrific. The
        > text is nicely detailed for the sake of
        > historical accuracy.
        >
        > Which, turning to our resident historical
        > experts Paul L. and Walt, has got me wondering:
        > over the years, how many fan excursions were there
        > on the FJ&G?  I know of the late-40s Capital
        > District Railroad Club fan trip, the end car
        > on which was pictured in Dave Nestle's book.
        > Anybody know the date and the consist of that one?
        > Anybody know of any others?---Andy Fusco
        >

        > Visit Gino's Railpage at
        > http://www.ginosrailpage.com
        > http://gcdranet.homelinux.com/
        > Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
        > http://www.lostlandmarks.org
        > Visit The NERAIL North American Photo Archive at
        > http://naphotos.nerail.org/
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        > <hfc_300x250_stat_0404.gif>
        > <l.gif>