Re: So I had a Question...Kellogg's' Branch

    Message 1 of 3 , May 3, 2004
      An SW-1 is what was used on the Kellogg's Branch.  I guess they could only push
      two cars up at a time because of the grade.  They wanted to used something bigger,
      but because of all the bridge timers on the line, they had to stick with the SW-1.  It
      wasn't until they stopped going up to the Mohawk Mills and didn't have to cross all the
      wooden trestles that they were able to use GP-38s on the branch...
      That SW-1 was of NYC heritage. I shot it in Fonda around '77 or '78.

      Message 2 of 3 , May 3, 2004
        Gino,
        Are you going to the Bridge line luncheon?
        Joe

        >From: "Dicarlo, Gino" <Gino.Dicarlo@...>
        >To: <FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com>
        >Subject: [FJGRailroad] Re: So I had a Question...Kellogg's' Branch
        >Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 08:26:16 -0500
        >
        >An SW-1 is what was used on the Kellogg's Branch. I guess they could only
        >push
        >two cars up at a time because of the grade. They wanted to used something
        >bigger,
        >but because of all the bridge timers on the line, they had to stick with
        >the SW-1. It
        >wasn't until they stopped going up to the Mohawk Mills and didn't have to
        >cross all the
        >wooden trestles that they were able to use GP-38s on the branch...
        >Gino

        Mother�s Day is May 9. Make it special with great ideas from the Mother�s
        Day Guide! http://special.msn.com/network/04mothersday.armx
      • Gino DiCarlo
        Message 3 of 3 , May 3, 2004
          I have to work Joe...

          On May 3, 2004, at 10:05 PM, joseph Klapkowski wrote:

          > Gino,
          > Are you going to the Bridge line luncheon?
          > Joe
          >

          >> From: "Dicarlo, Gino" <Gino.Dicarlo@...>
          >> To: <FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com>
          >> Subject: [FJGRailroad] Re: So I had a Question...Kellogg's' Branch
          >> Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 08:26:16 -0500
          >>
          >> An SW-1 is what was used on the Kellogg's Branch. I guess they could
          >> only
          >> push
          >> two cars up at a time because of the grade. They wanted to used
          >> something
          >> bigger,
          >> but because of all the bridge timers on the line, they had to stick
          >> with
          >> the SW-1. It
          >> wasn't until they stopped going up to the Mohawk Mills and didn't
          >> have to
          >> cross all the
          >> wooden trestles that they were able to use GP-38s on the branch...
          >> Gino

          Visit Gino's Railpage at
          http://www.ginosrailpage.com