Re: [FJGRailroad] custom paint

    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2004
      Hi Dean,

      Pretty sure there are no commercial FJ&G units on the market. I would
      think the best thing you could do would be to paint the orange and black
      part of the unit and get custom decals made for the stripes. Know
      someone with an Alps printer?

      Paul :-)

      Message 2 of 5 , May 3, 2004
        Dean,

        You're gonna need a big magnifying glass for the stencils!  I put "Fonda Johnstown
        and Gloversville" on my HO-scale #14 tender and I had a heck of a time.  I can't
        imagine doing it to N scale!

        Message 3 of 5 , May 3, 2004
          Hi Gino,

          These days with a computer it should be much easier to create lettering
          (and stripes) and then just resize them to whatever scale you want.

          Paul :-)

          Dicarlo, Gino wrote:

          > Dean,
          >
          > You're gonna need a big magnifying glass for the stencils! I put "Fonda Johnstown
          > and Gloversville" on my HO-scale #14 tender and I had a heck of a time. I can't
          > imagine doing it to N scale!
          >
          > Gino
        • Charles Woolever
          Message 4 of 5 , May 3, 2004
            I thought someone in this group was the one who created the HO FJ&G
            decals a couple years ago? I ordered a few sets.

            I thought they were done on a computer and therefore should be easily
            reduced to have done up in N scale. Maybe contact the person and see
            if he would do an N scale run.

            Charles

            --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, "Dean R. Pausley" <dpausle1@n...>