Re: [FJGRailroad] Re: FJ&G 20 and 21 in 3rd PlanIt

    Message 1 of 11 , May 1, 2004
      Hi Walt,

      Just starting the cabs now, the black cabs are just the ones from the CV
      unit there as place holder... much easier to just use the align commands
      in the software to replace the cabs and keep the proper placement.

      Paul :-)

      Walt Danylak wrote:
      > Paul,
      >
      > Very Nice! If possible make the cab front of #20 orange. Also the
      > lower part of the cab side, under the windows, should be orange with
      > a yellow stripe under the windows on both engines.
      >
      > Walt
    • Glenn J. Williams
      Message 2 of 11 , May 3, 2004
        --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Paul Charland <p.charlie@s...>
        wrote:
        > Hi Walt,
        >
        > Just starting the cabs now, the black cabs are just the ones from
        the CV
        > unit there as place holder... much easier to just use the align
        commands
        > in the software to replace the cabs and keep the proper placement.
        >
        > Paul :-)
        >
        > Walt Danylak wrote:
        > > Paul,
        > >
        > > Very Nice! If possible make the cab front of #20 orange. Also the
        > > lower part of the cab side, under the windows, should be orange
        with
        > > a yellow stripe under the windows on both engines.
        > >
        > > Walt

        And don't forget the marker lights, especially on the cab end. Those
        lights made both units quite distinctive.

        Nitpickingly yours,

        Glenn

          Message 4 of 11 , May 3, 2004
            Hi Glenn,

            Easy enough to draw but the polygon count for four marker lamps would be
            an extra 280 KB a unit!

            I think you'll still recognize the units without the marker lamps!

            Paul :-)

            Glenn J. Williams wrote:

            > --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Paul Charland <p.charlie@s...>
            > wrote:
            >
            >> Hi Walt,
            >>
            >> Just starting the cabs now, the black cabs are just the ones from
            >
            > the CV
            >
            >> unit there as place holder... much easier to just use the align
            >
            > commands
            >
            >> in the software to replace the cabs and keep the proper placement.
            >>
            >> Paul :-)
            >>
            >> Walt Danylak wrote:
            >>
            >>> Paul,
            >>>
            >>> Very Nice! If possible make the cab front of #20 orange. Also the
            >>> lower part of the cab side, under the windows, should be orange
            >>>

            > with
            >
            >>> a yellow stripe under the windows on both engines.
            >>>
            >>> Walt
            >

            > And don't forget the marker lights, especially on the cab end. Those
            > lights made both units quite distinctive.
            >
            > Nitpickingly yours,
            >
            > Glenn
          • Glenn J. Williams
            Message 5 of 11 , May 3, 2004
              wrote:
              > Hi Glenn,
              >
              > Easy enough to draw but the polygon count for four marker lamps
              > would be an extra 280 KB a unit!
              >
              > I think you'll still recognize the units without the marker lamps!
              >
              > Paul :-)

              Paul,

              Very good point! As Emily Latilla would say, "Never mind!"

              Glenn
              Message 6 of 11 , May 3, 2004
                Hi Glenn,

                They would look cool and wouldn't be hard to add but some of these small
                details can suck the life out of older video cards. I tend to go
                overboard on locomotives as it is and find it hard sometimes to stop
                when enough is enough!

                Paul :-)

                Message 7 of 11 , May 3, 2004
                  That yello stripe under the window on the frame is 6" wide.
                  The feathers on the hood havwe a 1" black border. Each of the hood feathers
                  is 6" wide. By the way the builders plate is located on the cab just to the
                  left of the steps.

                  I made paint diagrams on the #20 in Gloversville back in 79 or 1980.

                  >From: "Walt Danylak" <waltdanylak@...>
                  >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
                  >Subject: [FJGRailroad] Re: FJ&G 20 and 21 in 3rd PlanIt
                  >Date: Sat, 01 May 2004 15:05:30 -0000
                  >
                  >Paul,
                  >
                  >Very Nice! If possible make the cab front of #20 orange. Also the
                  >lower part of the cab side, under the windows, should be orange with
                  >a yellow stripe under the windows on both engines.
                  >
                  >Walt

                  Getting married? Find tips, tools and the latest trends at MSN Life Events.
                  http://lifeevents.msn.com/category.aspx?cid=married