Re: FJ&G 20 and 21 in 3rd PlanIt

  • Walt Danylak
    Message 1 of 11 , May 1, 2004
      Paul,

      Very Nice! If possible make the cab front of #20 orange. Also the
      lower part of the cab side, under the windows, should be orange with
      a yellow stripe under the windows on both engines.

      Walt
      Message 2 of 11 , May 1, 2004
        Hi Walt,

        Just starting the cabs now, the black cabs are just the ones from the CV
        unit there as place holder... much easier to just use the align commands
        in the software to replace the cabs and keep the proper placement.

        Paul :-)

        Walt Danylak wrote:
        > Paul,
        >
        > Very Nice! If possible make the cab front of #20 orange. Also the
        > lower part of the cab side, under the windows, should be orange with
        > a yellow stripe under the windows on both engines.
        >
        > Walt
      • Glenn J. Williams
        Message 3 of 11 , May 3, 2004
          --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Paul Charland <p.charlie@s...>
          wrote:
          > Hi Walt,
          >
          > Just starting the cabs now, the black cabs are just the ones from
          the CV
          > unit there as place holder... much easier to just use the align
          commands
          > in the software to replace the cabs and keep the proper placement.
          >
          > Paul :-)
          >
          > Walt Danylak wrote:
          > > Paul,
          > >
          > > Very Nice! If possible make the cab front of #20 orange. Also the
          > > lower part of the cab side, under the windows, should be orange
          with
          > > a yellow stripe under the windows on both engines.
          > >
          > > Walt

          And don't forget the marker lights, especially on the cab end. Those
          lights made both units quite distinctive.

          Nitpickingly yours,

          Glenn

            Message 5 of 11 , May 3, 2004
              Hi Glenn,

              Easy enough to draw but the polygon count for four marker lamps would be
              an extra 280 KB a unit!

              I think you'll still recognize the units without the marker lamps!

              Paul :-)

              Glenn J. Williams wrote:

              > --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Paul Charland <p.charlie@s...>
              > wrote:
              >
              >> Hi Walt,
              >>
              >> Just starting the cabs now, the black cabs are just the ones from
              >
              > the CV
              >
              >> unit there as place holder... much easier to just use the align
              >
              > commands
              >
              >> in the software to replace the cabs and keep the proper placement.
              >>
              >> Paul :-)
              >>
              >> Walt Danylak wrote:
              >>
              >>> Paul,
              >>>
              >>> Very Nice! If possible make the cab front of #20 orange. Also the
              >>> lower part of the cab side, under the windows, should be orange
              >>>

              > with
              >
              >>> a yellow stripe under the windows on both engines.
              >>>
              >>> Walt
              >

              > And don't forget the marker lights, especially on the cab end. Those
              > lights made both units quite distinctive.
              >
              > Nitpickingly yours,
              >
              > Glenn
            • Glenn J. Williams
              Message 6 of 11 , May 3, 2004
                wrote:
                > Hi Glenn,
                >
                > Easy enough to draw but the polygon count for four marker lamps
                > would be an extra 280 KB a unit!
                >
                > I think you'll still recognize the units without the marker lamps!
                >
                > Paul :-)

                Paul,

                Very good point! As Emily Latilla would say, "Never mind!"

                Glenn
                Message 7 of 11 , May 3, 2004
                  Hi Glenn,

                  They would look cool and wouldn't be hard to add but some of these small
                  details can suck the life out of older video cards. I tend to go
                  overboard on locomotives as it is and find it hard sometimes to stop
                  when enough is enough!

                  Paul :-)

                  Message 8 of 11 , May 3, 2004
                    That yello stripe under the window on the frame is 6" wide.
                    The feathers on the hood havwe a 1" black border. Each of the hood feathers
                    is 6" wide. By the way the builders plate is located on the cab just to the
                    left of the steps.

                    I made paint diagrams on the #20 in Gloversville back in 79 or 1980.

                    >From: "Walt Danylak" <waltdanylak@...>
                    >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
                    >Subject: [FJGRailroad] Re: FJ&G 20 and 21 in 3rd PlanIt
                    >Date: Sat, 01 May 2004 15:05:30 -0000
                    >
                    >Paul,
                    >
                    >Very Nice! If possible make the cab front of #20 orange. Also the
                    >lower part of the cab side, under the windows, should be orange with
                    >a yellow stripe under the windows on both engines.
                    >
                    >Walt

                    Getting married? Find tips, tools and the latest trends at MSN Life Events.
                    http://lifeevents.msn.com/category.aspx?cid=married