Re: [FJGRailroad] FJ&G 20 and 21 in 3rd PlanIt

  • Gino DiCarlo
    Message 1 of 11 , May 1, 2004
      Paul,

      Those are spectacular!!!!

      Gino

      Message 2 of 11 , May 1, 2004
        Thanks Gino,

        When I get these finished I'll start working on 30 and 340.

        Paul :-)

        Gino DiCarlo wrote:

        > Paul,
        >
        > Those are spectacular!!!!
        >
        > Gino
      • Walt Danylak
        Message 3 of 11 , May 1, 2004
          Paul,

          Very Nice! If possible make the cab front of #20 orange. Also the
          lower part of the cab side, under the windows, should be orange with
          a yellow stripe under the windows on both engines.

          Walt
          Message 4 of 11 , May 1, 2004
            Hi Walt,

            Just starting the cabs now, the black cabs are just the ones from the CV
            unit there as place holder... much easier to just use the align commands
            in the software to replace the cabs and keep the proper placement.

            Paul :-)

            Walt Danylak wrote:
            > Paul,
            >
            > Very Nice! If possible make the cab front of #20 orange. Also the
            > lower part of the cab side, under the windows, should be orange with
            > a yellow stripe under the windows on both engines.
            >
            > Walt
          • Glenn J. Williams
            Message 5 of 11 , May 3, 2004
              --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Paul Charland <p.charlie@s...>
              wrote:
              > Hi Walt,
              >
              > Just starting the cabs now, the black cabs are just the ones from
              the CV
              > unit there as place holder... much easier to just use the align
              commands
              > in the software to replace the cabs and keep the proper placement.
              >
              > Paul :-)
              >
              > Walt Danylak wrote:
              > > Paul,
              > >
              > > Very Nice! If possible make the cab front of #20 orange. Also the
              > > lower part of the cab side, under the windows, should be orange
              with
              > > a yellow stripe under the windows on both engines.
              > >
              > > Walt

              And don't forget the marker lights, especially on the cab end. Those
              lights made both units quite distinctive.

              Nitpickingly yours,

              Glenn

                Message 7 of 11 , May 3, 2004
                  Hi Glenn,

                  Easy enough to draw but the polygon count for four marker lamps would be
                  an extra 280 KB a unit!

                  I think you'll still recognize the units without the marker lamps!

                  Paul :-)

                  Glenn J. Williams wrote:

                  > --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Paul Charland <p.charlie@s...>
                  > wrote:
                  >
                  >> Hi Walt,
                  >>
                  >> Just starting the cabs now, the black cabs are just the ones from
                  >
                  > the CV
                  >
                  >> unit there as place holder... much easier to just use the align
                  >
                  > commands
                  >
                  >> in the software to replace the cabs and keep the proper placement.
                  >>
                  >> Paul :-)
                  >>
                  >> Walt Danylak wrote:
                  >>
                  >>> Paul,
                  >>>
                  >>> Very Nice! If possible make the cab front of #20 orange. Also the
                  >>> lower part of the cab side, under the windows, should be orange
                  >>>

                  > with
                  >
                  >>> a yellow stripe under the windows on both engines.
                  >>>
                  >>> Walt
                  >

                  > And don't forget the marker lights, especially on the cab end. Those
                  > lights made both units quite distinctive.
                  >
                  > Nitpickingly yours,
                  >
                  > Glenn
                • Glenn J. Williams
                  Message 8 of 11 , May 3, 2004
                    wrote:
                    > Hi Glenn,
                    >
                    > Easy enough to draw but the polygon count for four marker lamps
                    > would be an extra 280 KB a unit!
                    >
                    > I think you'll still recognize the units without the marker lamps!
                    >
                    > Paul :-)

                    Paul,

                    Very good point! As Emily Latilla would say, "Never mind!"

                    Glenn
                    Message 9 of 11 , May 3, 2004
                      Hi Glenn,

                      They would look cool and wouldn't be hard to add but some of these small
                      details can suck the life out of older video cards. I tend to go
                      overboard on locomotives as it is and find it hard sometimes to stop
                      when enough is enough!

                      Paul :-)

                      Message 10 of 11 , May 3, 2004
                        That yello stripe under the window on the frame is 6" wide.
                        The feathers on the hood havwe a 1" black border. Each of the hood feathers
                        is 6" wide. By the way the builders plate is located on the cab just to the
                        left of the steps.

                        I made paint diagrams on the #20 in Gloversville back in 79 or 1980.

                        >From: "Walt Danylak" <waltdanylak@...>
                        >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
                        >Subject: [FJGRailroad] Re: FJ&G 20 and 21 in 3rd PlanIt
                        >Date: Sat, 01 May 2004 15:05:30 -0000
                        >
                        >Paul,
                        >
                        >Very Nice! If possible make the cab front of #20 orange. Also the
                        >lower part of the cab side, under the windows, should be orange with
                        >a yellow stripe under the windows on both engines.
                        >
                        >Walt

                        Getting married? Find tips, tools and the latest trends at MSN Life Events.
                        http://lifeevents.msn.com/category.aspx?cid=married