custom paint

  • Dean R. Pausley
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2004
      In regards to Paul' s fine rendition I am planning a small addition to my
      n-scale layout. Does anyone know where I could get a n-scale S-2 painted in
      FJ&G colors.

      Dean Pausley
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2004
        Hi Dean,

        Pretty sure there are no commercial FJ&G units on the market. I would
        think the best thing you could do would be to paint the orange and black
        part of the unit and get custom decals made for the stripes. Know
        someone with an Alps printer?

        Paul :-)

        Message 3 of 5 , May 3, 2004
          Dean,

          You're gonna need a big magnifying glass for the stencils!  I put "Fonda Johnstown
          and Gloversville" on my HO-scale #14 tender and I had a heck of a time.  I can't
          imagine doing it to N scale!

          Message 4 of 5 , May 3, 2004
            Hi Gino,

            These days with a computer it should be much easier to create lettering
            (and stripes) and then just resize them to whatever scale you want.

            Paul :-)

            Dicarlo, Gino wrote:

            > Dean,
            >
            > You're gonna need a big magnifying glass for the stencils! I put "Fonda Johnstown
            > and Gloversville" on my HO-scale #14 tender and I had a heck of a time. I can't
            > imagine doing it to N scale!
            >
            > Gino
          • Charles Woolever
            Message 5 of 5 , May 3, 2004
              I thought someone in this group was the one who created the HO FJ&G
              decals a couple years ago? I ordered a few sets.

              I thought they were done on a computer and therefore should be easily
              reduced to have done up in N scale. Maybe contact the person and see
              if he would do an N scale run.

              Charles

              --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, "Dean R. Pausley" <dpausle1@n...>