RE: [FJGRailroad] CNYK RR

    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 14, 2004
      Welcome Tom! The picture of NYSW 3008 is approaching Route 20
      in Richfield Springs. Mark Wilber used to work the CNYK, I'm
      sure he could give you an idea of the track set-up in the 70's
      and 80's! I'm not sure where you'd find the info from the DL&W
      days of the Richfield Branch. I never see anything out there
      about that part of the DL&W, only the NJ and Buffalo portions...

      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 14, 2004
        I cant even pinpoint exactly where that was taken.But it is definitly
        between W.Winfield and Richfield Spa.It could be just west of Columbia
        Center.The hill side and thick brush look familiar. I cant give you a
        track layout for the 50's but late 70's and 80's I can. I'll ask Doug
        Ellison where it was taken. Mark
      • Joshua K. Blay
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 14, 2004
          Looks to be near the Rt. 20 crossing or closer to the "Springs". But I
          could be (and probably am) totally wrong.

          Joshua

          I cant even pinpoint exactly where that was taken.But it is definitly
          between W.Winfield and Richfield Spa.It could be just west of Columbia
          Center.The hill side and thick brush look familiar. I cant give you a
          track layout for the 50's but late 70's and 80's I can. I'll ask Doug
          Ellison where it was taken. Mark

          Visit Gino's Railpage at
          http://www.ginosrailpage.com
          http://gcdranet.homelinux.com/
          Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
          http://www.lostlandmarks.org
          Visit The NERAIL North American Photo Archive at http://naphotos.nerail.org/

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
          click here
          <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12c5ca9k1/M=291630.4786521.5933964.1261774/D=egroup
          web/S=1705295267:HM/EXP=1082077402/A=2072415/R=0/SIG=11thh7ako/*http://www.n
          etflix.com/Default?mqso=60178432&partid=4786521>

          <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=291630.4786521.5933964.1261774/D=egroupweb
          /S=:HM/A=2072415/rand=959722471>

          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
        • mwilber@webtv.net
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 14, 2004
            You know Josh,I think you are right. There is a bridge south of Rt 20.
            There is one at Monticello Road,and thats not it.There are two north of
            Rt20 in the stretch that runs along with Rt.28,and they are not it.Mark
          • Mark
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 17, 2004
              Hi Tom,

              There's a book or series of books that you might want to check out
              called The DL&W in the 20th Century. My brother bought a copy at
              Steamtown a few years back, and it is extremely impressive, with lots
              of photos and diagrams (the more I think about it I believe it is a
              series). I was only interested in the lines around Cortland, so i
              paid no attention to anything else. I should be talking to my brother
              this weekend, so I'll ask him if West Winfield, South Columbia, etc,
              are listed.

              Mark

              --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas W. McCoy" <twmmam@y...>
              wrote:
              > Hi,
              > I am new to the group and have a couple of questions.
              > 1. On Gino's website for the CNY is a picture by Doug Ellison
              showing
              > NYSW 3008 crossing a bridge. Where was that taken? Also does anyone
              > have a track diagram for West Winfield around 1950 to 1955 with the
              > industries listed. Also is there a book which shows the diagrams
              for
              > the other communities like South Columbia,Richfield Springs and
              > Cedarville ?
              > Thanks,
              > Tom
              > Rome
            • Joshua K. Blay
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 17, 2004
                There's a whole section on the Richfield Springs Branch in DL&W in the 20th
                Century Vol. 1, along with the rest of the NY branches.

                Joshua

                wrote:
                > Hi,
                > I am new to the group and have a couple of questions.
                > 1. On Gino's website for the CNY is a picture by Doug Ellison
                showing
                > NYSW 3008 crossing a bridge. Where was that taken? Also does anyone
                > have a track diagram for West Winfield around 1950 to 1955 with the
                > industries listed. Also is there a book which shows the diagrams
                for
                > the other communities like South Columbia,Richfield Springs and
                > Cedarville ?
                > Thanks,
                > Tom
                > Rome

                Visit Gino's Railpage at
                http://www.ginosrailpage.com
                http://gcdranet.homelinux.com/
                Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
                http://www.lostlandmarks.org
                Visit The NERAIL North American Photo Archive at http://naphotos.nerail.org/

                <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
              • Gino DiCarlo
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 17, 2004
                  As we speak, Doug Ellison is busy putting a book together about the
                  DL&W in Utica. It will include the Richfield Springs Branch...

                  Gino

                  On Apr 17, 2004, at 12:23 PM, Mark wrote:

                  > Hi Tom,
                  >
                  > There's a book or series of books that you might want to check out
                  > called The DL&W in the 20th Century.  My brother bought a copy at
                  > Steamtown a few years back, and it is extremely impressive, with lots
                  > of photos and diagrams (the more I think about it I believe it is a
                  > series).  I was only interested in the lines around Cortland, so i
                  > paid no attention to anything else. I should be talking to my brother
                  > this weekend, so I'll ask him if West Winfield, South Columbia, etc,
                  > are listed.
                  >
                  > Mark
                  >
                  > --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas W. McCoy" <twmmam@y...>
                  > wrote:
                  > > Hi,
                  > > I am new to the group and have a couple of questions.
                  > > 1. On Gino's website for the CNY is a picture by Doug Ellison
                  > showing
                  > > NYSW 3008 crossing a bridge. Where was that taken? Also does anyone
                  > > have a track diagram for West Winfield around 1950 to 1955 with the
                  > > industries listed. Also is there a book which shows the diagrams
                  > for
                  > > the other communities like South Columbia,Richfield Springs and
                  > > Cedarville ?
                  > > Thanks,
                  > > Tom
                  > > Rome
                  >

                  > Visit Gino's Railpage at
                  > http://www.ginosrailpage.com
                  > http://gcdranet.homelinux.com/
                  > Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
                  > http://www.lostlandmarks.org
                  > Visit The NERAIL North American Photo Archive at
                  > http://naphotos.nerail.org/
                  >

                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  > Service.

                  Visit Gino's Railpage at
                  http://www.ginosrailpage.com
                • Gino DiCarlo
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 17, 2004
                    Does anyone have the author on this?

                    Gino

                    On Apr 17, 2004, at 12:26 PM, Joshua K. Blay wrote:

                    > There's a whole section on the Richfield Springs Branch in DL&W in the
                    > 20th
                    > Century Vol. 1, along with the rest of the NY branches.
                    >
                    > Joshua

                  • Joshua K. Blay
                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 17, 2004
                      Tom Taber, II or III (I think!) depending on the volume. 3 Volume Set. A
                      must for any fan of the DL&W and railroad in general.

                        >On Apr 17, 2004, at 12:26 PM, Joshua K. Blay wrote:
                        >
                        >>There's a whole section on the Richfield Springs Branch in DL&W in the
                        >>20th
                        >> Century Vol. 1, along with the rest of the NY branches.
                        >>
                        >> Joshua

                        Premium!