RE: [FJGRailroad] From the archives........

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 8, 2004
      Joe,

      Regarding the Trolleys in the Albany are see William Gordon's "Third Rails,
      Pantographs & Trolley Poles" for a history of the Albany and Hudson. You
      could get the trolley at the back of the Hudson Station, or on the street
      side.

      The B&M roundhouse at Troy was still standing the last I knew I believe on
      the north end of Sixth St. (?)

      Regarding the T&NE there is one paragraph in Jim Shaughnessy's "Delaware &
      Hudson" on p. 211 accompanied by a picture on p. 210. Also find a paragraph
      on p. 307 dating the end of operations.

      You will also find information regarding the operation of the belt service
      between Troy and Albany in this volume.

      PKL

    • Glenn J. Williams
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 8, 2004
        --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, "joseph Klapkowski"
        <riverlinejoe@h...> wrote:
        > [snip]
        > Any thoughts (B&M actually had a roundhouse in Troy
        > although I do not know where it was).
        > [snip]

        Joe,

        The B&M roundhouse was located in the yard, north of Hoosic Street.
        I don't have a map of downtown Troy handy so I cannot be more
        specific right now.

        Glenn