Re: [FJGRailroad] From the archives........

  • Gino DiCarlo
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 8, 2004
      Joe,

      It was my question about the Troy Union Railroad. I was wondering if
      it was it's own operation with it's own power. Also, the T&NE was the
      Troy and New England Trolley Line which went from Troy to West
      Sand Lake. It also had some other names...

      Gino

      Visit Gino's Railpage at
      http://www.ginosrailpage.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 8, 2004
        Joe,

        Regarding the Trolleys in the Albany are see William Gordon's "Third Rails,
        Pantographs & Trolley Poles" for a history of the Albany and Hudson. You
        could get the trolley at the back of the Hudson Station, or on the street
        side.

        The B&M roundhouse at Troy was still standing the last I knew I believe on
        the north end of Sixth St. (?)

        Regarding the T&NE there is one paragraph in Jim Shaughnessy's "Delaware &
        Hudson" on p. 211 accompanied by a picture on p. 210. Also find a paragraph
        on p. 307 dating the end of operations.

        You will also find information regarding the operation of the belt service
        between Troy and Albany in this volume.

        PKL

      • Glenn J. Williams
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 8, 2004
          --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, "joseph Klapkowski"
          <riverlinejoe@h...> wrote:
          > [snip]
          > Any thoughts (B&M actually had a roundhouse in Troy
          > although I do not know where it was).
          > [snip]

          Joe,

          The B&M roundhouse was located in the yard, north of Hoosic Street.
          I don't have a map of downtown Troy handy so I cannot be more
          specific right now.

          Glenn