2004 Get Together

  • pklarner
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2004
      This years gathering of the faithful on Saturday August 7.

      Where we will meet is in the air until I can make a couple contacts.

      Our plan will be to satiate ourselves on the Fonda ambiance then move
      north taking in what's left of the trolley line(west of 30 A),
      Cayadutta Park, the High Bridge, Sammonsville cut and fill, Lake's
      Crossing and the city of Johnstown. Ice cream in Sammonsville,
      lunch ???. If we haven't used up our time walking Johnstown, we'll
      just keep going toward Gloversville and our unltimate destination,
      the Rail Yard, for dinner.

      Come with walking shoes, not that it will be necessary to do an awful
      lot of walking. Some of the areas we might get into are somewhat
      overgrown with brush.

      For next year and those following, we will endeavor to keep this to
      the first Saturday in August.

      Please let me know how many for dinner. Gino will need to know all
      planning on attending for the name tags.

      PKL
    • Malcolm Horton
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1, 2004
        Paul,

        We plan to attend.

        Malcolm Horton
        Kay Stevens
[...]

        Visit Gino's Railpage at
        http://www.ginosrailpage.com
        Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
        http://www.lostlandmarks.org
        Visit The NERAIL North American Photo Archive at http://naphotos.nerail.org/
        Yahoo! Groups Links

             http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • mwilber@webtv.net
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1, 2004
          Is there anything left at the Industrial Park in Gloversville? Any rail
          or anything showing for the wye? Mark
        • Gino DiCarlo
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 2, 2004
            You can't even find it Mark!!!

            Gino

            On Apr 1, 2004, at 7:45 PM, mwilber@... wrote:

            > Is there anything left at the Industrial Park in Gloversville? Any rail
            > or anything showing for the wye? Mark
            >

            > Visit Gino's Railpage at
            > http://www.ginosrailpage.com
            > http://gcdranet.homelinux.com/
            > Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
            > http://www.lostlandmarks.org
            > Visit The NERAIL North American Photo Archive at
            > http://naphotos.nerail.org/
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

            > Service.

            Visit Gino's Railpage at
            http://www.ginosrailpage.com
          • Glenn J. Williams
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 2, 2004
              --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, "pklarner" <pklarner@h...> wrote:
              > This years gathering of the faithful on Saturday August 7.
              > [snip]
              > Please let me know how many for dinner. Gino will need to know all
              > planning on attending for the name tags.
              >

              > PKL

              Paul & Gino,

              I'll be there !

              Glenn
            • Gerald Snyder
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 4, 2004
                I'll be there on the 7th, and put us down for 3 for
                dinner.
                Jerry