Old Money in Gloversville

  • Saul Kalbfeld
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24 3:31 PM
      That is an interesting subject. Does anyone know of any families that
      made substantial fortunes in Gloversville 75 to 100 years ago whose
      descendents still live in town? I know Johnstown has some old
      families although I cannot name any. When I was in high school I was
      friendly with a girl who went to Mayfield Central School. Her name
      was Carlise Zimmer and she always said her family owned part of the
      FJ&G for many years. She lived on North Main St. just across the city
      line, so she went to Mayfield rather than Gloversville schools.