Steve Lamora's story/layout

  • andrewsfusco
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 27, 2004
      Albeit a tad belately, I just yesterday obtained a copy
      of the Feb. 2004 Railmodel Journal. What a treat! I got
      the very last copy Central Hobby in Syracuse had. The
      fellow who runs the place says they get 12 copies monthly,
      sell an average of 6 and send back unsold an average of
      six per month. This issue sold out at a brisk pace for an
      obviously worthy reason.

      I read here all the great comments about the High Bridge
      views and agree wholeheartedly. I do love, however, the
      cover shot and the B&W photos #5 and #6 which so wonderfully
      capture the cut and fill look required to have built the line
      from Sammonsville to Fonda. Terrific modeling.

      I confess jealousy over Steve's #11. Have long wanted to
      do that engine myself because MTH makes a nice 0-8-0 in
      O Gauge, which is very prototypical. At least now when I
      get around to it, I'll have Steve's model to follow.

      All and all, a superior job deserving of huge praise.---Andy

      (p.s. son Adam admires the grass and weeds between
      the rails.)
    • stevefjg30
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 28, 2004
        -Thank You Andy.Yes all of the hobbie shops in the Albany area are
        sold out,Which i'am very happy about.Did you see the #11 when i
        brought to the gettogether last year?I can bring it this year if you
        like.The only place thatstill might have the mag is Victoria Station
        in Warrensburgh?You can order them direct from Railmodel Journal.I
        need to order more for some familey members.

        Steve

        -- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, "andrewsfusco" <fusco@b...>