Re: [FJGRailroad] Re: Railmodel Journal

  • Dean R. Pausley
    Message 1 of 24 , Mar 14, 2004
      Walt :
      I was in the Syracuse area today also, Quilt Fabric Show. I found
      Walter Road but could not find Centrak Hobby. I was in the area of Thompson
      Road and Genesse St. We were running late so I did not stop for a phone
      number. Was I in the right area?

      Dean P.
    • Walt Danylak
      Message 2 of 24 , Mar 14, 2004
        Dean,

        Walter Road is a small side street off of James Street, just west of
        the intersection of James Street & Thompson Road. Central Hobby is
        located on the lower level of the same building that the Sacred
        Melody Shop is in. There is no sign except for the name on the door.

        Walt
      • Walt Danylak

            Message 5 of 24 , Mar 15, 2004
              Walt,

              Is the train store out by the Budweiser plant still open?  I know the proprietor
              passed away...

              Message 6 of 24 , Mar 15, 2004
                <Gino.Dicarlo@q...> wrote:
                Walt,

                Is the train store out by the Budweiser plant still open? I know the
                proprietor passed away...

                Gino

                Gino,

                As far as I know the shop is still open. Paul Besser was the name of
                the owner who passed away. His sons are currently running the store.

                Walt
                Message 7 of 24 , Mar 16, 2004
                  Is that Central Hobby and good?  Is that in downtown Syracuse or East Syracuse?

                  Message 8 of 24 , Mar 16, 2004
                    <Gino.Dicarlo@q...> wrote:
                    Is that Central Hobby and good? Is that in downtown Syracuse or East
                    Syracuse?

                    Gino

                    Gino,

                    I don't understand your first question. Central Hobby is in Syracuse,
                    but much closer to East Syracuse then downtown. It could be
                    considered being in Eastwood.

                    Walt
                  • Walt Danylak

                      Message 10 of 24 , Mar 17, 2004
                        Sorry Walt, fat finger syndrome! Is Central hobby ANY good?

                        Message 11 of 24 , Mar 17, 2004
                          <Gino.Dicarlo@q...> wrote:
                          Sorry Walt, fat finger syndrome! Is Central hobby ANY good?

                          Gino

                          Gino,

                          It's OK. It's not as good as it was when it was in East Syracuse.
                          They don't have the stock they used too. It's mostly HO, some kits, a
                          far amount of brass, scratch building supplies and just about every
                          model railroad and protoype magazine available.

                          Walt
                          Message 12 of 24 , Mar 17, 2004
                            Any books, or just magazines?

                            Message 13 of 24 , Mar 17, 2004