RE: [FJGRailroad] Railmodel Journal

    Message 1 of 24 , Mar 2, 2004
      Hey Steve, you're connected!!!!!

      From: stevefjg30 [mailto:Klcl19@...]
      Sent: Monday, March 01, 2004 8:58 PM
      To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [FJGRailroad] Railmodel Journal

      Hello everyone just getting back on the internet. Got a new computer
      and reading the old postings .Well its March 1 and no magazine yet i
      never got a proof copy so i havent even seen it.Went to the web site
      today and jan issue is still up hopefully soon.When i get my copy or
      it comes out i'll post something to let you know.

      Steve Lamora FJG30

      Visit Gino's Railpage at
      http://www.ginosrailpage.com
      http://gcdranet.homelinux.com/
      Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
      http://www.lostlandmarks.org
      Visit The NERAIL North American Photo Archive at http://naphotos.nerail.org/

      Yahoo! Groups Links
    • stevefjg30
      Message 2 of 24 , Mar 2, 2004
        <Gino.Dicarlo@q...> wrote:
        > Hey Steve, you're connected!!!!!
        >
        > Gino
        >Yes sir fixed every thing last night

        Stevel

        > Hello everyone just getting back on the internet. Got a new
        computer
        > and reading the old postings .Well its March 1 and no magazine yet
        > never got a proof copy so i havent even seen it.Went to the web
        site
        > today and jan issue is still up hopefully soon.When i get my copy
        or
        > it comes out i'll post something to let you know.
        >

        > Steve Lamora FJG30
        >

        > Visit Gino's Railpage at
        > http://www.ginosrailpage.com
        > http://gcdranet.homelinux.com/
        > Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
        > http://www.lostlandmarks.org
        > Visit The NERAIL North American Photo Archive at
        http://naphotos.nerail.org/

        > Yahoo! Groups Links
      • stevefjg30
        Message 3 of 24 , Mar 8, 2004
          The Feb,issue with my FJ&G layout is out finally.It wont be up on the
          web site for a week or so,thats what they told me.Besides a couple of
          caption errors it came out really well 16 pages in all!You can find
          Railmodel Journal at most hobbie shops or you can order issues from
          them.Hope everybody enjoys the artical it's about time the FJ&G is
          getting some Pub.Two times in one year almost a record it's been over
          twenty years since we had aFJ&G artical with the exception of Saul's
          fantastic artical in the NMRA bulliten i wish Model railroad
          crafstman would publish his artical on building the GLF buildings in
          Johnstown.Anyway,dont forget May 8th Classic Trains Summer issue will
          be out, FJ&G 1950 fan trip I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

          Steve Lamora
          Message 4 of 24 , Mar 9, 2004
            Can't wait to pick a copy up Steve!!!

            Message 5 of 24 , Mar 9, 2004
              Looking forward to it also.
              Dean Pausley
              Brunswick, NY
            • Gerald Snyder
              Message 6 of 24 , Mar 10, 2004
                Steve,
                I picked up a copy of the new Railmodel Journel today
                - great article and well deserved recognition for the
                excellent job you've done on the layout. Super
                pictures. Just in case anyone can't find the magazine
                or get to a shop to buy it, I also picked up an extra
                copy. If anyone wants it, let me know and I'll bring
                it to the next meeting.
                Jerry

                http://search.yahoo.com
              • Walt Danylak
                Message 7 of 24 , Mar 11, 2004
                  --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Gerald Snyder <handyman756@y...>
                  wrote:
                  Steve,
                  I picked up a copy of the new Railmodel Journal today ...

                  Jerry,

                  Who in the Capital District sells Railmodel Journal?

                  Walt
                • Gino DiCarlo
                  Message 8 of 24 , Mar 11, 2004
                    Walt,

                    I just got mine at JP's in Latham. He had a bunch. JP is about a mile
                    from
                    the Latham Circle on Route 2 heading toward Watervliet. Mohawk Valley
                    Railroad on Hamburg Street also carries it...

                    Gino

                    On Mar 11, 2004, at 4:42 AM, Walt Danylak wrote:

                    > <l.gif>

                    Visit Gino's Railpage at
                    http://www.ginosrailpage.com
                  • Walt Danylak
                    Message 9 of 24 , Mar 12, 2004
                      Steve,

                      I had today off, so I went to Central Hobby to purchase the RMJ with
                      your article in it. I got the last issue they had. It seems like
                      there are some FJ&G fans in the Syracuse area.

                      Very nice article. I can't wait until we can schedule a meeting at
                      your house and see the layout in person.

                      Walt
                    • Gerald Snyder
                      Message 10 of 24 , Mar 12, 2004
                        I picked it up at Mohawk Valley Railroad on Hamburg
                        St. in Schenectady.
                        --- Walt Danylak <waltdanylak@...> wrote:
                        > --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Gerald Snyder
                        > <handyman756@y...>
                        > wrote:
                        > Steve,
                        > I picked up a copy of the new Railmodel Journal
                        > today ...
                        >

                        > Jerry,
                        >
                        > Who in the Capital District sells Railmodel Journal?
                        >
                        > Walt

                        http://search.yahoo.com
                      • Dean R. Pausley
                        Message 11 of 24 , Mar 14, 2004
                          Walt :
                          I was in the Syracuse area today also, Quilt Fabric Show. I found
                          Walter Road but could not find Centrak Hobby. I was in the area of Thompson
                          Road and Genesse St. We were running late so I did not stop for a phone
                          number. Was I in the right area?

                          Dean P.
                        • Walt Danylak
                          Message 12 of 24 , Mar 14, 2004
                            Dean,

                            Walter Road is a small side street off of James Street, just west of
                            the intersection of James Street & Thompson Road. Central Hobby is
                            located on the lower level of the same building that the Sacred
                            Melody Shop is in. There is no sign except for the name on the door.

                            Walt
                          • Walt Danylak

                                Message 15 of 24 , Mar 15, 2004
                                  Walt,

                                  Is the train store out by the Budweiser plant still open?  I know the proprietor
                                  passed away...

                                  Message 16 of 24 , Mar 15, 2004
                                    <Gino.Dicarlo@q...> wrote:
                                    Walt,

                                    Is the train store out by the Budweiser plant still open? I know the
                                    proprietor passed away...

                                    Gino

                                    Gino,

                                    As far as I know the shop is still open. Paul Besser was the name of
                                    the owner who passed away. His sons are currently running the store.

                                    Walt
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Mar 16, 2004
                                      Is that Central Hobby and good?  Is that in downtown Syracuse or East Syracuse?

                                      Message 18 of 24 , Mar 16, 2004
                                        <Gino.Dicarlo@q...> wrote:
                                        Is that Central Hobby and good? Is that in downtown Syracuse or East
                                        Syracuse?

                                        Gino

                                        Gino,

                                        I don't understand your first question. Central Hobby is in Syracuse,
                                        but much closer to East Syracuse then downtown. It could be
                                        considered being in Eastwood.

                                        Walt
                                      • Walt Danylak

                                          Message 20 of 24 , Mar 17, 2004
                                            Sorry Walt, fat finger syndrome! Is Central hobby ANY good?

                                            Message 21 of 24 , Mar 17, 2004
                                              <Gino.Dicarlo@q...> wrote:
                                              Sorry Walt, fat finger syndrome! Is Central hobby ANY good?

                                              Gino

                                              Gino,

                                              It's OK. It's not as good as it was when it was in East Syracuse.
                                              They don't have the stock they used too. It's mostly HO, some kits, a
                                              far amount of brass, scratch building supplies and just about every
                                              model railroad and protoype magazine available.

                                              Walt
                                              Message 22 of 24 , Mar 17, 2004
                                                Any books, or just magazines?

                                                Message 23 of 24 , Mar 17, 2004