Railmodel Journal

  • stevefjg30
    Message 1 of 24 , Mar 1, 2004
      Hello everyone just getting back on the internet. Got a new computer
      and reading the old postings .Well its March 1 and no magazine yet i
      never got a proof copy so i havent even seen it.Went to the web site
      today and jan issue is still up hopefully soon.When i get my copy or
      it comes out i'll post something to let you know.

      Steve Lamora FJG30
      Message 2 of 24 , Mar 2, 2004
        Hey Steve, you're connected!!!!!

        Hello everyone just getting back on the internet. Got a new computer
        and reading the old postings .Well its March 1 and no magazine yet i
        never got a proof copy so i havent even seen it.Went to the web site
        today and jan issue is still up hopefully soon.When i get my copy or
        it comes out i'll post something to let you know.

        Steve Lamora FJG30

        Visit Gino's Railpage at
        http://www.ginosrailpage.com
        http://gcdranet.homelinux.com/
        Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
        http://www.lostlandmarks.org
        Visit The NERAIL North American Photo Archive at http://naphotos.nerail.org/

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • stevefjg30
        Message 3 of 24 , Mar 2, 2004
          <Gino.Dicarlo@q...> wrote:
          > Hey Steve, you're connected!!!!!
          >
          > Gino
          >Yes sir fixed every thing last night

          Stevel

          > Hello everyone just getting back on the internet. Got a new
          computer
          > and reading the old postings .Well its March 1 and no magazine yet
          > never got a proof copy so i havent even seen it.Went to the web
          site
          > today and jan issue is still up hopefully soon.When i get my copy
          or
          > it comes out i'll post something to let you know.
          >

          > Steve Lamora FJG30
          >

          > Visit Gino's Railpage at
          > http://www.ginosrailpage.com
          > http://gcdranet.homelinux.com/
          > Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
          > http://www.lostlandmarks.org
          > Visit The NERAIL North American Photo Archive at
          http://naphotos.nerail.org/

          > Yahoo! Groups Links
        • stevefjg30
          Message 4 of 24 , Mar 8, 2004
            The Feb,issue with my FJ&G layout is out finally.It wont be up on the
            web site for a week or so,thats what they told me.Besides a couple of
            caption errors it came out really well 16 pages in all!You can find
            Railmodel Journal at most hobbie shops or you can order issues from
            them.Hope everybody enjoys the artical it's about time the FJ&G is
            getting some Pub.Two times in one year almost a record it's been over
            twenty years since we had aFJ&G artical with the exception of Saul's
            fantastic artical in the NMRA bulliten i wish Model railroad
            crafstman would publish his artical on building the GLF buildings in
            Johnstown.Anyway,dont forget May 8th Classic Trains Summer issue will
            be out, FJ&G 1950 fan trip I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

            Steve Lamora
            Message 5 of 24 , Mar 9, 2004
              Can't wait to pick a copy up Steve!!!

              Message 6 of 24 , Mar 9, 2004
                Looking forward to it also.
                Dean Pausley
                Brunswick, NY
              • Gerald Snyder
                Message 7 of 24 , Mar 10, 2004
                  Steve,
                  I picked up a copy of the new Railmodel Journel today
                  - great article and well deserved recognition for the
                  excellent job you've done on the layout. Super
                  pictures. Just in case anyone can't find the magazine
                  or get to a shop to buy it, I also picked up an extra
                  copy. If anyone wants it, let me know and I'll bring
                  it to the next meeting.
                  Jerry

                  http://search.yahoo.com
                • Walt Danylak
                  Message 8 of 24 , Mar 11, 2004
                    --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Gerald Snyder <handyman756@y...>
                    wrote:
                    Steve,
                    I picked up a copy of the new Railmodel Journal today ...

                    Jerry,

                    Who in the Capital District sells Railmodel Journal?

                    Walt
                  • Gino DiCarlo
                    Message 9 of 24 , Mar 11, 2004
                      Walt,

                      I just got mine at JP's in Latham. He had a bunch. JP is about a mile
                      from
                      the Latham Circle on Route 2 heading toward Watervliet. Mohawk Valley
                      Railroad on Hamburg Street also carries it...

                      Gino

                      On Mar 11, 2004, at 4:42 AM, Walt Danylak wrote:

                      > <l.gif>

                      Visit Gino's Railpage at
                      http://www.ginosrailpage.com
                    • Walt Danylak
                      Message 10 of 24 , Mar 12, 2004
                        Steve,

                        I had today off, so I went to Central Hobby to purchase the RMJ with
                        your article in it. I got the last issue they had. It seems like
                        there are some FJ&G fans in the Syracuse area.

                        Very nice article. I can't wait until we can schedule a meeting at
                        your house and see the layout in person.

                        Walt
                      • Gerald Snyder
                        Message 11 of 24 , Mar 12, 2004
                          I picked it up at Mohawk Valley Railroad on Hamburg
                          St. in Schenectady.
                          --- Walt Danylak <waltdanylak@...> wrote:
                          > --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Gerald Snyder
                          > <handyman756@y...>
                          > wrote:
                          > Steve,
                          > I picked up a copy of the new Railmodel Journal
                          > today ...
                          >

                          > Jerry,
                          >
                          > Who in the Capital District sells Railmodel Journal?
                          >
                          > Walt

                          http://search.yahoo.com
                        • Dean R. Pausley
                          Message 12 of 24 , Mar 14, 2004
                            Walt :
                            I was in the Syracuse area today also, Quilt Fabric Show. I found
                            Walter Road but could not find Centrak Hobby. I was in the area of Thompson
                            Road and Genesse St. We were running late so I did not stop for a phone
                            number. Was I in the right area?

                            Dean P.
                          • Walt Danylak
                            Message 13 of 24 , Mar 14, 2004
                              Dean,

                              Walter Road is a small side street off of James Street, just west of
                              the intersection of James Street & Thompson Road. Central Hobby is
                              located on the lower level of the same building that the Sacred
                              Melody Shop is in. There is no sign except for the name on the door.

                              Walt
                            • Walt Danylak

                                  Message 16 of 24 , Mar 15, 2004
                                    Walt,

                                    Is the train store out by the Budweiser plant still open?  I know the proprietor
                                    passed away...

                                    Message 17 of 24 , Mar 15, 2004
                                      <Gino.Dicarlo@q...> wrote:
                                      Walt,

                                      Is the train store out by the Budweiser plant still open? I know the
                                      proprietor passed away...

                                      Gino

                                      Gino,

                                      As far as I know the shop is still open. Paul Besser was the name of
                                      the owner who passed away. His sons are currently running the store.

                                      Walt
                                      Message 18 of 24 , Mar 16, 2004
                                        Is that Central Hobby and good?  Is that in downtown Syracuse or East Syracuse?

                                        Message 19 of 24 , Mar 16, 2004
                                          <Gino.Dicarlo@q...> wrote:
                                          Is that Central Hobby and good? Is that in downtown Syracuse or East
                                          Syracuse?

                                          Gino

                                          Gino,

                                          I don't understand your first question. Central Hobby is in Syracuse,
                                          but much closer to East Syracuse then downtown. It could be
                                          considered being in Eastwood.

                                          Walt
                                        • Walt Danylak

                                            Message 21 of 24 , Mar 17, 2004
                                              Sorry Walt, fat finger syndrome! Is Central hobby ANY good?

                                              Message 22 of 24 , Mar 17, 2004
                                                <Gino.Dicarlo@q...> wrote:
                                                Sorry Walt, fat finger syndrome! Is Central hobby ANY good?

                                                Gino

                                                Gino,

                                                It's OK. It's not as good as it was when it was in East Syracuse.
                                                They don't have the stock they used too. It's mostly HO, some kits, a
                                                far amount of brass, scratch building supplies and just about every
                                                model railroad and protoype magazine available.

                                                Walt
                                                Message 23 of 24 , Mar 17, 2004
                                                  Any books, or just magazines?

                                                  Message 24 of 24 , Mar 17, 2004