RE: [FJGRailroad] Re: Ex-PC/FJG boxcars

    Message 1 of 18 , Mar 1, 2004
      Andy,

      They scrapped some cars at the Junction this past summer. I think
      the long DO/CACV car was scrapped and the NSL cars. Josh could probably
      give us the exact cars scrapped. As for Berlin Mills, I don't know what
      railroad it is, but we have their cars at Quad Graphics all the time.
      I'm sure we receive paper in them...

      Message 2 of 18 , Mar 1, 2004
        I don't have the car numbers close at hand, think they were covered on the CACV
        list, I'd have go through the list archives, which are open to the public.

        --
        Joshua
        http://www.joshuakblay.com

        Quoting "Dicarlo, Gino" <Gino.Dicarlo@...>:

        > Andy,
        >

        > They scrapped some cars at the Junction this past summer.  I think
        >
        > the long DO/CACV car was scrapped and the NSL cars.  Josh could probably
        >
        > give us the exact cars scrapped. As for Berlin Mills, I don't know what
        >
        > railroad it is, but we have their cars at Quad Graphics all the time.
        >
        > I'm sure we receive paper in them...
        >

        > Gino

      • Mark
        Message 3 of 18 , Mar 1, 2004
          Berlin Mills Railway, Berlin, New Hampshire, ("BERR-lin", not like
          Germany's "ber-LINN"), formerly owned by Brown Paper Co. and
          successors James River and Crown Vantage, now part of St. Lawrence &
          Atlantic Ry. (the former Grand Trunk Ry.), Switches the paper mills
          at Berlin and Cascade.

          Mark

          Message 4 of 18 , Mar 1, 2004
            Berlin Mills is the paper mill in New Hampshire

            >From: "Dicarlo, Gino" <Gino.Dicarlo@...>
            >To: "'FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com'" <FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com>
            >Subject: RE: [FJGRailroad] Re: Ex-PC/FJG boxcars
            >Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 09:16:33 -0600
            >
            >Andy,
            >
            >They scrapped some cars at the Junction this past summer. I think
            >the long DO/CACV car was scrapped and the NSL cars. Josh could probably
            >give us the exact cars scrapped. As for Berlin Mills, I don't know what
            >railroad it is, but we have their cars at Quad Graphics all the time.
            >I'm sure we receive paper in them...
            >
            >Gino

            Click, drag and drop. My MSN is the simple way to design your homepage.
            Message 5 of 18 , Mar 1, 2004
              Berlin Mills Railway was the Berlin Mills Railway. Owned by the Berlin
              Paper Mills in Berlin NH and later by the subsequent owners. Interchanged
              with the B&M south of Berlin and CN at Berlin. They had a large operation
              which I think was diminished when WestVaCo took over the mill. WestVaCo I
              was told had their own trucking operation. I don't have my indices so I
              can't refer you to any articles but the road has been very well written up
              in the fan mags over the years. Today neither B&M nor CN serves Berlin. I
              believe it's the St. Lawrence and Atlantic that replaced the CN, but do not
              know who replaced the B&M if the line is running at all (It was pretty
              maintenance heavy up there in beautiful northern NH. Out around Cherry Pond
              and Waumbec Jct., was one of the most magnificent places I've ever worked. I
              suppose there are houses in here now.)

              I do not know who owns the Berlin Mills reporting marks or whether the road
              still operates in the mill.

              PKL

              >From: "Dicarlo, Gino" <Gino.Dicarlo@...>
              >To: "'FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com'" <FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com>
              >Subject: RE: [FJGRailroad] Re: Ex-PC/FJG boxcars
              >Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 09:16:33 -0600
              >
              >Andy,
              >
              >They scrapped some cars at the Junction this past summer. I think
              >the long DO/CACV car was scrapped and the NSL cars. Josh could probably
              >give us the exact cars scrapped. As for Berlin Mills, I don't know what
              >railroad it is, but we have their cars at Quad Graphics all the time.
              >I'm sure we receive paper in them...
              >
              >Gino

              Learn how to help protect your privacy and prevent fraud online at Tech
              Hacks & Scams. http://special.msn.com/msnbc/techsafety.armx