Re: [FJGRailroad] Re: Ex-PC/FJG boxcars

  • mwilber@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 18 , Mar 1 6:24 AM
      Andy-Those St.Lawarence cars were stored on our line at one time. There
      were about 65 cars totaled. It was the same deal that Walt had with the
      FJG and the St.Lawarence ( NSL ). A few cars were being used by the
      junk yard next door for storing materials in them at the Jct. Why the
      were left behind,Im not sure. They could also be some of the damaged
      ones that were in the run-a-way incident in Milford. Mark
      Message 2 of 18 , Mar 1 7:16 AM
        Andy,

        They scrapped some cars at the Junction this past summer. I think
        the long DO/CACV car was scrapped and the NSL cars. Josh could probably
        give us the exact cars scrapped. As for Berlin Mills, I don't know what
        railroad it is, but we have their cars at Quad Graphics all the time.
        I'm sure we receive paper in them...

        Message 3 of 18 , Mar 1 7:21 AM
          I don't have the car numbers close at hand, think they were covered on the CACV
          list, I'd have go through the list archives, which are open to the public.

          --
          Joshua
          http://www.joshuakblay.com

          Quoting "Dicarlo, Gino" <Gino.Dicarlo@...>:

          > Andy,
          >

          > They scrapped some cars at the Junction this past summer.  I think
          >
          > the long DO/CACV car was scrapped and the NSL cars.  Josh could probably
          >
          > give us the exact cars scrapped. As for Berlin Mills, I don't know what
          >
          > railroad it is, but we have their cars at Quad Graphics all the time.
          >
          > I'm sure we receive paper in them...
          >

          > Gino

        • Mark
          Message 4 of 18 , Mar 1 10:08 AM
            Berlin Mills Railway, Berlin, New Hampshire, ("BERR-lin", not like
            Germany's "ber-LINN"), formerly owned by Brown Paper Co. and
            successors James River and Crown Vantage, now part of St. Lawrence &
            Atlantic Ry. (the former Grand Trunk Ry.), Switches the paper mills
            at Berlin and Cascade.

            Mark

            Message 5 of 18 , Mar 1 12:33 PM
              Berlin Mills is the paper mill in New Hampshire

              >From: "Dicarlo, Gino" <Gino.Dicarlo@...>
              >To: "'FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com'" <FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com>
              >Subject: RE: [FJGRailroad] Re: Ex-PC/FJG boxcars
              >Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 09:16:33 -0600
              >
              >Andy,
              >
              >They scrapped some cars at the Junction this past summer. I think
              >the long DO/CACV car was scrapped and the NSL cars. Josh could probably
              >give us the exact cars scrapped. As for Berlin Mills, I don't know what
              >railroad it is, but we have their cars at Quad Graphics all the time.
              >I'm sure we receive paper in them...
              >
              >Gino

              Click, drag and drop. My MSN is the simple way to design your homepage.
              Message 6 of 18 , Mar 1 7:39 PM
                Berlin Mills Railway was the Berlin Mills Railway. Owned by the Berlin
                Paper Mills in Berlin NH and later by the subsequent owners. Interchanged
                with the B&M south of Berlin and CN at Berlin. They had a large operation
                which I think was diminished when WestVaCo took over the mill. WestVaCo I
                was told had their own trucking operation. I don't have my indices so I
                can't refer you to any articles but the road has been very well written up
                in the fan mags over the years. Today neither B&M nor CN serves Berlin. I
                believe it's the St. Lawrence and Atlantic that replaced the CN, but do not
                know who replaced the B&M if the line is running at all (It was pretty
                maintenance heavy up there in beautiful northern NH. Out around Cherry Pond
                and Waumbec Jct., was one of the most magnificent places I've ever worked. I
                suppose there are houses in here now.)

                I do not know who owns the Berlin Mills reporting marks or whether the road
                still operates in the mill.

                PKL

                >From: "Dicarlo, Gino" <Gino.Dicarlo@...>
                >To: "'FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com'" <FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com>
                >Subject: RE: [FJGRailroad] Re: Ex-PC/FJG boxcars
                >Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 09:16:33 -0600
                >
                >Andy,
                >
                >They scrapped some cars at the Junction this past summer. I think
                >the long DO/CACV car was scrapped and the NSL cars. Josh could probably
                >give us the exact cars scrapped. As for Berlin Mills, I don't know what
                >railroad it is, but we have their cars at Quad Graphics all the time.
                >I'm sure we receive paper in them...
                >
                >Gino

                Learn how to help protect your privacy and prevent fraud online at Tech
                Hacks & Scams. http://special.msn.com/msnbc/techsafety.armx