Utica NY Newspaper 1902, Electric Train Crash

  • Gino & Kelly DiCarlo
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 14, 2004
      Subject: Interesting item on eBay web site item#2217673436: Utica NY
      Newspaper 1902, Electric Train Crash

      I saw this item for sale at eBay, The World's Online Marketplace TM,
      and thought that you might be interested.

      Title of item: Utica NY Newspaper 1902, Electric Train Crash
      Seller: charlie319
      Starts: Jan-12-04 07:51:34 PST
      Ends: Jan-19-04 07:51:34 PST
      Price: Starts at $25.00
      To bid on the item, go
      to: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2217673436

      Item Description:
      This is a 1902 Utica, NY SATURDAY GLOBE newspaper. Although there are
      several articles of news, it features the electric train crash on the
      Mountain Lake, NY railroad. Several people were killed in the crash
      which was devastating at that time, and eventually led to the demise of
      the railroad and the resort area that it travelled to. The paper is in
      pretty good condition considering its age. It has fold creases and some
      tears, and the edges are tattered, but it is quite legible. This is a
      great piece of ephemera for any collector of Adirondack history, or for
      the railroad buff. Buyer pays $3.95 insured shipping within the
      continental US. Please do not use ebay checkout, the winner will be
      contacted. Thank you for looking and please check out my other auction
      featuring vintage postcards from the Mtn. Lake railroad and resort.On
      Jan-12-04 at 17:16:36 PST, seller added the following
      information:Western Union® Auction Payments — auction
      payments made easy

      Visit eBay, The World's Online Marketplace TM at http://www.ebay.com

      Visit Gino's Railpage at
      http://www.ginosrailpage.com
    • Walt Danylak
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 14, 2004
        Almost every newspaper in the state, and many from nearby as well as
        far away, had coverage of the Mountain Lake Electric wreck. This was
        big news in 1902.

        I have several newspaper accounts of the wreck. If anyone is
        interested, I'll post them.

        Walt