Re: [FJGRailroad] Re: Delaware Otsego Page

  • Gino & Kelly DiCarlo
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 12, 2004
      I don't know why there's a coach on that run, but I'm told that's
      ADRK 29's first run on the CNYK. Hey, did you know that the
      train scenes from "Sophie's Choice" were shot on the CNYK?
      I was amazed to find that out! At least that's what I've been
      told by several people...

      Gino

      Visit Gino's Railpage at
      http://www.ginosrailpage.com
    • Gino & Kelly DiCarlo
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 12, 2004
        Which Adirondack engines were stored on the FJ&G and for how long?

        Gino

        On Jan 12, 2004, at 12:12 PM, Mark wrote:

        > Believe that to be the first run of the 29 (aka NYSW 104) on the
        > CNYK. Unit was bought at Adirondack Ry. auction in 3/82, stored for a
        > few weeks on Conrail, then moved on to CNYK along with a former PRR
        > coach also from the ADK auction.
        >
        > Mark
      • Mark
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 13, 2004
          Both ADK RS-3s, 28 and 29, were stored on the FJ&G for a time. I
          couldn't say how long, probably a few months.

          The only other units ADK had were a GE 44 tonner (2), Alco RSC2 (25),
          and a leased D&H RS-3 (4075).

          Mark

          --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Gino & Kelly DiCarlo