Re: Delaware Otsego Page

  • andrewsfusco
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 11, 2004
      Greatly improved page, Gino, and great content from Mark. The photos
      are a real plus.

      Anybody know the story with the mixed train shot on the CNY?

      ---Andy Fusco

      <Gino.Dicarlo@q...>
      wrote:

      > Hi guys,
      >
      > If you get a chance check out the new Delaware Otsego System page.
      There
      > you'll
      > find some info and pictures of the FJG in her later years under the
      DO
      > ownership.
      > You also see some pictures of FJG locomotives on other railroads
      including
      > the
      > Central New York Railroad, Lackawaxan & Stourbridge in Pennsylvania
      and
      > NYSW.
      > Joe Klapkowski has also contributed some neat pictures, including a
      shot of
      > an FJG
      > S2 in Pennsylvania. You'll also see FJG 20 working in Richfield
      Springs on
      > the
      > Central New York Railroad...
      >
      > Another special item that I'd like to point out is a picture of an
      > FJG/Fulton County
      > boxcar in Gloversville Yard. Back in the late 70's, the Fulton
      County
      > Chamber of
      > Commerce had the idea to put a stencil of Fulton County on every
      green ex-PC
      > boxcar. I'm not sure how many had this applied to her, but I
      finally got a
      > picture
      > of one.
      >
      > Please check her out and as always give us any questions or
      feedback...

      > Gino and Mark
      >
      > http://www.ginosrailpage.com/DOS/
      >
      > Gino DiCarlo
      > Imaging
      >
      > Quad/Imaging
      > A Division of Quad/Graphics
      >
      > Saratoga Springs, New York
      >
      > 518-581-4276 phone
      > gino.dicarlo@q...
      > www.QG.com
    • Mark
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 12, 2004
        Believe that to be the first run of the 29 (aka NYSW 104) on the
        CNYK. Unit was bought at Adirondack Ry. auction in 3/82, stored for a
        few weeks on Conrail, then moved on to CNYK along with a former PRR
        coach also from the ADK auction.

        Mark

      • Gino & Kelly DiCarlo
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 12, 2004
          I don't know why there's a coach on that run, but I'm told that's
          ADRK 29's first run on the CNYK. Hey, did you know that the
          train scenes from "Sophie's Choice" were shot on the CNYK?
          I was amazed to find that out! At least that's what I've been
          told by several people...

          Gino

          Visit Gino's Railpage at
          http://www.ginosrailpage.com
        • Gino & Kelly DiCarlo
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 12, 2004
            Which Adirondack engines were stored on the FJ&G and for how long?

            Gino

            On Jan 12, 2004, at 12:12 PM, Mark wrote:

            > Believe that to be the first run of the 29 (aka NYSW 104) on the
            > CNYK. Unit was bought at Adirondack Ry. auction in 3/82, stored for a
            > few weeks on Conrail, then moved on to CNYK along with a former PRR
            > coach also from the ADK auction.
            >
            > Mark
          • Mark
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 13, 2004
              Both ADK RS-3s, 28 and 29, were stored on the FJ&G for a time. I
              couldn't say how long, probably a few months.

              The only other units ADK had were a GE 44 tonner (2), Alco RSC2 (25),
              and a leased D&H RS-3 (4075).

              Mark

              --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Gino & Kelly DiCarlo