Delaware Otsego Page

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 9, 2004
      Hi guys,

      If you get a chance check out the new Delaware Otsego System page. There
      you'll
      find some info and pictures of the FJG in her later years under the DO
      ownership.
      You also see some pictures of FJG locomotives on other railroads including
      the
      Central New York Railroad, Lackawaxan & Stourbridge in Pennsylvania and
      NYSW.
      Joe Klapkowski has also contributed some neat pictures, including a shot of
      an FJG
      S2 in Pennsylvania. You'll also see FJG 20 working in Richfield Springs on
      the
      Central New York Railroad...

      Another special item that I'd like to point out is a picture of an
      FJG/Fulton County
      boxcar in Gloversville Yard. Back in the late 70's, the Fulton County
      Chamber of
      Commerce had the idea to put a stencil of Fulton County on every green ex-PC
      boxcar. I'm not sure how many had this applied to her, but I finally got a
      picture
      of one.

      Please check her out and as always give us any questions or feedback...

      Gino and Mark

      http://www.ginosrailpage.com/DOS/

      Gino DiCarlo
      Imaging

      Quad/Imaging
      A Division of Quad/Graphics

      Saratoga Springs, New York

      518-581-4276 phone
      gino.dicarlo@...
      www.QG.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 9, 2004
        I guess I will have to look around the archives for some other neat FJ&G
        photos.

        >From: "Dicarlo, Gino" <Gino.Dicarlo@...>
        >To: "FJGrailroad (E-mail)" <FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com>
        >Subject: [FJGRailroad] Delaware Otsego Page
        >Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 10:09:26 -0600
        >

        >Hi guys,
        >
        >If you get a chance check out the new Delaware Otsego System page. There
        >you'll
        >find some info and pictures of the FJG in her later years under the DO
        >ownership.
        >You also see some pictures of FJG locomotives on other railroads including
        >the
        >Central New York Railroad, Lackawaxan & Stourbridge in Pennsylvania and
        >NYSW.
        >Joe Klapkowski has also contributed some neat pictures, including a shot of
        >an FJG
        >S2 in Pennsylvania. You'll also see FJG 20 working in Richfield Springs on
        >the
        >Central New York Railroad...
        >
        >Another special item that I'd like to point out is a picture of an
        >FJG/Fulton County
        >boxcar in Gloversville Yard. Back in the late 70's, the Fulton County
        >Chamber of
        >Commerce had the idea to put a stencil of Fulton County on every green
        >ex-PC
        >boxcar. I'm not sure how many had this applied to her, but I finally got a
        >picture
        >of one.
        >
        >Please check her out and as always give us any questions or feedback...
        >
        >Gino and Mark
        >
        >http://www.ginosrailpage.com/DOS/
        >
        >Gino DiCarlo
        >Imaging
        >
        >Quad/Imaging
        >A Division of Quad/Graphics
        >
        >Saratoga Springs, New York
        >
        >518-581-4276 phone
        >gino.dicarlo@...
        >www.QG.com

        providers now. https://broadband.msn.com
      • andrewsfusco
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 11, 2004
          Greatly improved page, Gino, and great content from Mark. The photos
          are a real plus.

          Anybody know the story with the mixed train shot on the CNY?

          ---Andy Fusco

          <Gino.Dicarlo@q...>
          wrote:

          > Hi guys,
          >
          > If you get a chance check out the new Delaware Otsego System page.
          There
          > you'll
          > find some info and pictures of the FJG in her later years under the
          DO
          > ownership.
          > You also see some pictures of FJG locomotives on other railroads
          including
          > the
          > Central New York Railroad, Lackawaxan & Stourbridge in Pennsylvania
          and
          > NYSW.
          > Joe Klapkowski has also contributed some neat pictures, including a
          shot of
          > an FJG
          > S2 in Pennsylvania. You'll also see FJG 20 working in Richfield
          Springs on
          > the
          > Central New York Railroad...
          >
          > Another special item that I'd like to point out is a picture of an
          > FJG/Fulton County
          > boxcar in Gloversville Yard. Back in the late 70's, the Fulton
          County
          > Chamber of
          > Commerce had the idea to put a stencil of Fulton County on every
          green ex-PC
          > boxcar. I'm not sure how many had this applied to her, but I
          finally got a
          > picture
          > of one.
          >
          > Please check her out and as always give us any questions or
          feedback...

          > Gino and Mark
          >
          > http://www.ginosrailpage.com/DOS/
          >
          > Gino DiCarlo
          > Imaging
          >
          > Quad/Imaging
          > A Division of Quad/Graphics
          >
          > Saratoga Springs, New York
          >
          > 518-581-4276 phone
          > gino.dicarlo@q...
          > www.QG.com
        • Mark
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 12, 2004
            Believe that to be the first run of the 29 (aka NYSW 104) on the
            CNYK. Unit was bought at Adirondack Ry. auction in 3/82, stored for a
            few weeks on Conrail, then moved on to CNYK along with a former PRR
            coach also from the ADK auction.

            Mark

          • Gino & Kelly DiCarlo
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 12, 2004
              I don't know why there's a coach on that run, but I'm told that's
              ADRK 29's first run on the CNYK. Hey, did you know that the
              train scenes from "Sophie's Choice" were shot on the CNYK?
              I was amazed to find that out! At least that's what I've been
              told by several people...

              Gino

              Visit Gino's Railpage at
              http://www.ginosrailpage.com
            • Gino & Kelly DiCarlo
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 12, 2004
                Which Adirondack engines were stored on the FJ&G and for how long?

                Gino

                On Jan 12, 2004, at 12:12 PM, Mark wrote:

                > Believe that to be the first run of the 29 (aka NYSW 104) on the
                > CNYK. Unit was bought at Adirondack Ry. auction in 3/82, stored for a
                > few weeks on Conrail, then moved on to CNYK along with a former PRR
                > coach also from the ADK auction.
                >
                > Mark
              • Mark
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 13, 2004
                  Both ADK RS-3s, 28 and 29, were stored on the FJ&G for a time. I
                  couldn't say how long, probably a few months.

                  The only other units ADK had were a GE 44 tonner (2), Alco RSC2 (25),
                  and a leased D&H RS-3 (4075).

                  Mark

                  --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Gino & Kelly DiCarlo