Decals

  • Randy & Lorraine Decker
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 17, 2000
      Hey guy's I have a man who has some of the decals( for the diesels anyway!)  you can contact him at ;

      D. D. Maxfield
      133 S. Aldine Ave.
      Elgin  IL
      60123-6003

      He sells sets at $6 for one   and $10 for two  he sent me a set and the look good  you get the front and rear yellow sripes The Black FJ&G and #s 20 & 21 in small and large letters!!  Send him a letter

      I am going to have the lettering for #11and most of the steamers made up and I have a photo of an old wooden box car with this logo I will have made as well
    • fusco@baldcom.net
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 14, 2000
        Steve: The easiest way to do the decals is to buy the FJG 20/21 set
        from Dave Maxfield. His address and phone have appeared here a couple
        of times. He sells them for $10 a sheet and they come in HO only.
        You'll need two sets to do the 44 tonner, because the stripes on it
        wrapped around both hoods.
        The next best way (and the only way--- short of paint and masking
        like Paul did---if you're doing scales other than HO) is to lay a
        slightly narrower yellow decal stripe over a slightly wider black
        stripe. Herald King makes stripes in 14 colors. You'll need "black"
        and "Deep Yellow." Be careful to get the correct yellow---I learned
        the hard way. The Mohawk RR train store in Schenectady near exit 25
        has these decals in stock. A set contains 104 stripes in seven
        different widths. You'll have to play around a little to get the
        right width for the size of your model, you'll have to cut and
        "splice" to get the right lengths, and you'll have to cut the ends at
        45 degrees---but its easier than it sounds.
        Apply your black stripe first and let it dry completely. Then
        apply the slightly narrower yellow strip right over the top of it. It
        comes out perfectly. Good luck.
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 14, 2000
          Buy decals, that could work too....

          Paul :-)

          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 14, 2000
            Thanks Andy I was looking for the guy's name in my records? He has a lot
            of these I am glad some of you took advantage of his decals!! HE had to do
            a large run of them and should have several sets available still?? Randy

            > Steve: The easiest way to do the decals is to buy the FJG 20/21 set
            > from Dave Maxfield. His address and phone have appeared here a couple
            > of times. He sells them for $10 a sheet and they come in HO only.
            > You'll need two sets to do the 44 tonner, because the stripes on it
            > wrapped around both hoods.
            > The next best way (and the only way--- short of paint and masking
            > like Paul did---if you're doing scales other than HO) is to lay a
            > slightly narrower yellow decal stripe over a slightly wider black
            > stripe. Herald King makes stripes in 14 colors. You'll need "black"
            > and "Deep Yellow." Be careful to get the correct yellow---I learned
            > the hard way. The Mohawk RR train store in Schenectady near exit 25
            > has these decals in stock. A set contains 104 stripes in seven
            > different widths. You'll have to play around a little to get the
            > right width for the size of your model, you'll have to cut and
            > "splice" to get the right lengths, and you'll have to cut the ends at
            > 45 degrees---but its easier than it sounds.
            > Apply your black stripe first and let it dry completely. Then
            > apply the slightly narrower yellow strip right over the top of it. It
            > comes out perfectly. Good luck.

            http://www.trainweb.com/gcdra/

          • Thomas W. McCoy
            Message 5 of 10 , May 23, 2004
              Who makes the decals for Diesel 20? Does it include the stripes? Who
              also makes the decals for the caboose?
              Tom
              Message 6 of 10 , May 28, 2004
                Thomas,

                Check out this link... http://www.railgraphicsdecals.com/

                I think Steve Lamora said you could get FJG decals from here...

                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 30, 2004
                  Does anybody have or know anybody selling acurate decals for FJ&G
                  S2's and the 44 Tonner in HO or O. Dean
                • Stephen G. Myers
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 30, 2004
                    I thought Steve Lamora was the decal man.

                    .
                    On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 21:46:05 -0000 "Dean J. Splittgerber"
                    <dsplittgerber_railfan@...> writes:

                    > Does anybody have or know anybody selling acurate decals for FJ&G
                    > S2's and the 44 Tonner in HO or O. Dean

                    > --------------------~-->
                    > http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/j2LplB/TM

                    > Visit Gino's Railpage at
                    > http://gcdranet.homelinux.com/
                    > Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
                    > http://www.lostlandmarks.org
                    > Visit Charles P. Woolever's Existing Railroad Stations in New York
                    > State at
                    > http://ny.existingstations.com/
                    > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  • stevefjg30
                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 1, 2004
                      The only decals i have left are for the 40 &50 foot boxcars EX PC
                      I used most of what was left to do caboose #3 i will have to bring it
                      to the next meeting.I have been working on the new layout alot so
                      things are still a mess down stairs.I did manage to save the high
                      bridge scene that was always my favorite.When the time comes for a
                      new house i will build a new FJ&G layout i need some time to plan it
                      better than the last one i'am also waiting for someone to come out
                      with s-2 with sound one of the reasons why the layout came down.I
                      dont think i was ever happy with Johnstown and not having the North
                      yard in Gloversville so i will keep going with MEC and someday the
                      FJ&G will rise again my basement.

                      Steve Lamora

                      thought Steve Lamora was the decal man.

                      > .
                      > On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 21:46:05 -0000 "Dean J. Splittgerber"
                      > <dsplittgerber_railfan@y...> writes:
                      > >

                      > > Does anybody have or know anybody selling acurate decals for FJ&G
                      > > S2's and the 44 Tonner in HO or O. Dean

                      > > --------------------~-->
                      > > http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/j2LplB/TM
                      --~->

                      > > Visit Gino's Railpage at
                      > > Visit The Greater Capital District Railfan Assocation at
                      > > http://gcdranet.homelinux.com/
                      > > Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
                      > > http://www.lostlandmarks.org
                      > > Visit Charles P. Woolever's Existing Railroad Stations in New
                      York
                      > > State at
                      > > http://ny.existingstations.com/
                      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                    • b_michael_berger
                      Message 10 of 10 , Dec 26, 2004
                        There is one person who had S-2 decals reproduced - everyone who has
                        contacted him has had to endure months of delay for an expenditure of
                        about $5. When I finally got my two sets (I believe I still have one)
                        I discovered they were NOT exactly correct. The spaces between the
                        yellow nose stripes are a bit wide and the person detailing my S-2 had
                        to eliminate one stripe - only an "expert" would even notice.

                        Consider making you own on you computer - you can make them exactly
                        correct if you wish.

                        Mike

                        --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen G. Myers"